Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the picture of Sat,sure seems like Jerry and the Empire staff had a successful event. I wanted to drop a line to congratulate Jerry and a hope of many more to come.Nice job guys!!!.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome job to Jerry and his staff. With the addition of an unscheduled 4.70 Class to his weekend, oil downs and a couple of crashes, he and his staff still managed to get it all in. Lots of spectators as well.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Friday was packed!

Saturday did go a little slow due to oil downs and 2 real bad roll-over crashes. One car was Chilly Willy, an original steel body '40 Willys out of Canada. The car ended up with the right front wheel completely broke off with a portion of the straight axle, the left rear wheel broke off with the center still attached to the axle, the right side of the roof flattened and the left side of the roof with a nasty buckle. To say the least, the car was pretty bad but should be repairable.

Sunday saw a lighter crowd but still had great racing with Jim Oddy winning in Double A Gas with his Junk Yard Dog.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Looks like the weather was nice from a former WNY resident.

I see Jim Zakia, Jim Oddy and the Rush Willys with the former oddy pwerplant now a Janis powerplant there.

Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Awesome weekend there. Place was packed. Considering all the problems on track(oil downs, crashes) the program ran pretty smoothly and quick. Amazing job by the staff to run an event this size the way they did. The track surface was great as well. Great job Jerry and staff.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I was only there on Friday, had to work the weekend. But I needed to make a test pass before the TD race next week, so I went out. It was fun seeing them run and it looked like there was already a lot of cars and people there, even on Friday. Good to see the rest of the weekend was a success.

Weather is looking good for next weekend, I hope there are a lot of Top Dragster's. Not that I have much of a chance - I have never raced the car in it's current form, just tested.

Anyway, glad to know how the weekend went.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome weekend there. Place was packed. Considering all the problems on track(oil downs, crashes) the program ran pretty smoothly and quick. Amazing job by the staff to run an event this size the way they did. The track surface was great as well. Great job Jerry and staff.
TS1118 congrats on the 4.70 win . U planning on running TS this weekend?;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts