Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, saw this browsing music on youtube.

Elvis is obviously as fucked up as a soup sandwich on pills, liquor, who knows what. Babbling incoherently before playing. Yet flops down, opens the valve, and out pours exactly what made him famous.

Just astonishing to this day the talent that resides in some people. Even through the haze of drugs, and alcohol.

Makes me look at what passes for talent in the main stream these days with great disappointment. Elvis vs cardi b....as an example.

·
Registered
30,989 Posts
Okay, saw this browsing music on youtube.

Elvis is obviously as fucked up as a soup sandwich on pills, liquor, who knows what. Babbling incoherently before playing. Yet flops down, opens the valve, and out pours exactly what made him famous.

Just astonishing to this day the talent that resides in some people. Even through the haze of drugs, and alcohol.

Makes me look at what passes for talent in the main stream these days with great disappointment. Elvis vs cardi b....as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG9ph9xkOrw
No shit. He was quite the entertainer. And could actually carry a tune.

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
29,154 Posts
I about had a heart attack when I heard that Arianna Grande tied with The Beatles to hold the #1, 2,& 3 spots on the Hot 100 list....
She mumbles.....she doesn't even sing!!
It's ridiculous what passes for talent in the music industry these days.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
I about had a heart attack when I heard that Arianna Grande tied with The Beatles to hold the #1, 2,& 3 spots on the Hot 100 list....
She mumbles.....she doesn't even sing!!
It's ridiculous what passes for talent in the music industry these days.

Even my kids (20 and 13) think the current music is trash and want to listen to older stuff! Sad.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it lol. Saw that on a bumper sticker.

·
Registered
17,772 Posts
Back when people actually created music was great, theses days the crap is horrible. Roy Orbison was another great.
That was a remake... but I do agree with your point.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
People like to shit on the guy, but we will most likely never see another entertainer of the caliber of Elvis. He still has the record to this day of biggest live viewing audience of a solo entertainer, with the live telecast of "Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii".

How many entertainers can just invite themselves to the white house for a meeting with the POTUS.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Wow...Such a sad thing to see how he looked there compared to a short 20 years before. Great voice, great talent but WTF happened??

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How many entertainers can just invite themselves to the white house for a meeting with the POTUS.

How about, how many can just stroll into the oval office, meet with the potus, and have a loaded hand gun in your pocket, like no big deal?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts