Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In June my 30x40 pole barn is being built. I plan on running electric to it (100amp sub box) from my 200amp breaker box. People keep telling me different sizes and types of wire to run. The wire will need to be 125' ish and I would prefer direct bury. Any ideas?

·
Regulator
36,442 Posts
#2 is what I would use!

·
Registered
26,295 Posts
Check your local building codes. You are planning on using sleeves to protect and run your underground, yes?

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check your local building codes. You are planning on using sleeves to protect and run your underground, yes?
It depends......I've been told to just trench and bury ......and also run the wire into conduit. Spoke with 2 different electricians that I know....both gave different answers.

I'm trying to get answers from our town inspector......dude is hard as hell to get a hold of.

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If OP is asking a simple question like this he needs to hire a professional because he is NOT qualified to change a switch. :LOL:

TIP! Hire a licensed electrician because your loss may be more than just financia!
I am not an electrician....but I know how to do some pretty extensive house wiring. I keep getting different answers on what exact wire to use. Even people in this thread have different opinions.

·
Registered
340 Posts
run your wire in 2 inch electrical conduit(gray pvc) 3 individual 2awg, 1 black , 1 red , 1 white ,, use a main breaker panel in your garage and a ground rod in the garage

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
#2 copper use triplex direct bury. I would use pipe and thhn but your choice. Trench must free of any rocks otherwise cover it top and bottom in a layer of sand.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts