Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a car here with a meziere water pump that pops the 30 amp relay after an hour run time. Anyone have a proper schematic how this should be wired ?

·
Registered
411 Posts
What size wire feeds it? That pump should not be blowing a 30 amp fuse any way any how. Run at least 14 gauge wire from a good source of power to the hot side of the pump (blue wire) and make sure you have a good ground. It is a good idea to run a ground to the front of the car and bring all of your grounds to it. Does the wire get hot before it blows the fuse?

Good Luck.

Rich

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it is fed with the same gauge wire as the pump is wired with. It's not popping a fuse it's wearing the relay out.

·
Registered
17,417 Posts
There are 40amp relays out there, easy to change to before you do any other mods. I think some one of your local auto stores will have one. I usually use these anyway, extra amp rating never hurts...

·
Registered
361 Posts
you would be shocked how much amp draw capacity drops off when an auto-reset type breaker gets warm from ambient temps. also in-rush (when motor turns on) needs from the pump motor can be way beyond the given rating of the relay, even before it warms up and becomes less capable.

you said popping the relay, did you mean the breaker ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts