Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience using either the GM# 24507964 or # 12568241 air pumps as a crankcase vacuum pump? The pump that I have is off of a '00 Camaro SS. This pump will see both street-driving and some strip use on my truck. I plan on wiring this pump in using a 30 amp relay to power it.
If anyone has any comments, either good or bad, let me know. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Criss lots of guy around here use that pump and they seem to work well. I am not sure if they put a seperator in it or not. I do know that they won't run for long if they get full of oil. Gary

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Gary!
What's up? Still have the T/A?
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I knew that they don't like an oily environment. I was more curious as to what kind of life anyone has gotten out of one using it as a puller rather than a pusher. I had planned on trying to plumb in a filter/seperator of some sort before the pump.
Thanks again Gary!

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have one on my 434sbc and it works very well it pull's 6 hg's of vac and made 5hp more on the dyno

·
Registered
15 Posts
we had to drill some holes in the plastic case so the electric motor could get a little air to help keep it cool...burned two up till we did that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts