Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dedenbear cc3 delay box and a Dedenbear electric throttle stop on my car. The throttle stop output wire to activate the stop is always hot until the timer activates. This leaves the stop solenoid always holding the stop open and causing it to get very hot all the time the delay box has power. Question is, can a relay be wired in to kill power to the stop until the car is started without wiring it inline with the stop. I was told it's not a good idea to have the stop timer running thru a relay to activate the stop, it's not consistent.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thats the way they work. Wait till you have issues with the TS not opening up repeatably in the summer. I have a number 1 stop that works the same way. A relay would be inconsistent.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had several electric stops and have replaced a fair share of solenoids. There must be a way of wiring in a relay to interrupt power to it until the car is running. I had the delay box wired so no power would run to it till the car was started, but that's a pain, having to turn power on just to look at settings, so I changed that around to constant power to the box.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
We ran it through a switch on the dash with my friends S/C car.
Became part of the starting procedure.
I always had the CO2 inline stop so I didn't have this problem.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I believe the Mega 4540 Biondo delay box works opposite of the Dedenbear. Wire to stop is not on until timer starts. Same with shifter output. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car was wired with a switch, I didn't like that. Thought it could be wired with a relay, problem is when you activate an electronic solenoid with power, there is a small amount of voltage sensed on the ground side because it's an electronic coil. It's not as simple as just dropping the ground out like the mega boxes do. Unfortunately, my Dedenbear box has 12V powered outputs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts