Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind are you guys using? Which ones are good and which ones suck. I bought a quarz kind with a fan. What Im looking for is to buy maybe 2 or 3 of them. Keep one in the living room, one in out bedroom and one in the kids room so I can lower the thermostat in the house and go more than 3 weeks before I have to keep filling the propane tank. From what im getting is the oil filled convection ones are probably the ones that would work best for what I want to do. Discuss.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
buy the ones the amish make. they are about 300$. the best thing about them is they use the energy of a 100 watt light bulb. my dad's friend bought one & he uses it to heat his house.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I had a Lasko space heater for awhile. It kept our living room pretty warm........

.........untill the cord started to melt. :smt102

·
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Lasko space heater for awhile. It kept our living room pretty warm........

.........untill the cord started to melt. :smt102
Yea I was reading that. Even so it got great reviews.

·
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
buy the ones the amish make. they are about 300$. the best thing about them is they use the energy of a 100 watt light bulb. my dad's friend bought one & he uses it to heat his house.
Damn that sounds like a deal, where could I take a look at those?

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
I used a couple electric space heaters until I realized it jacked my electric bill up way more then just turning the stat up 2 degrees.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I sell them and have had real good luck with them - a lot better than the Edenpure infrared heaters I had before. Aerus uses a ceramic PTC core that is more efficient and last a lot longer than the "bulbs" our competition uses and comes with a full three year warranty. We list them at $499.99 but if you are interested, send me a pm and I'll give you the special YB discount.:cool: There is more information available by clicking on my site below in the air category.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've used spacer heaters in several different places some insulated and some not. Bill was always high, got a gas fireplace for the house. 100lbs was 70 bucks and it last about a month, now the heatpump does come on during the day but just briefly, like 10 mins.
Think I'll have something similar{ just not that fancy} for the shop.

smokie

·
Registered
229 Posts
tell me how he can do that, a 100 watt light bulb uses 100 watts which is equal to about 340 BTU you will not heat a house with that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The EdenPure heaters suck. I have one and it dried the crap out of my house unlike what they advertise. You have to run a humidifier with it like any forced air electric heat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts