Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this in another forum thought maybe someone here would know i need to kow how to wire an electric shifter solonoid to a 7al3 with a relay

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Go to page 8 on this. http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/7 series/7230_7al3.pdf
Where the shift light is connected you will wire that the positive side of a 12vdc relay coil.
You need to wire your electric shifter to the NC or NO side of the relay depending on what shifter you are using and supply the common side of the relay with a fused + 12vdc source.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no message yet i wired it once and when i put a 3000 chip to test it it woldnt shift till 4300 or 4500 what am i doing wrong this was the first time i wired it

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
What type of solenoid? Is it spring loaded and fires when power is removed or does it fire when energized? If it is the second type, run a jumper wire from "IGN" terminal to "RAS ON/OFF" terminal. Run another wire from "IGN" terminal to terminal 86 on your relay. Run a wire from "OUTPUT RAS" terminal to terminal 85 on your relay. Run a 12V source from battery to terminal 30 on your relay and a wire from terminal 87 to your shifter solenoid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts