Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use one on a hotrod build? I have a l83 engine that does not have a place for a power steering pump and no one makes a bracket yet. I am putting the engine in a 89 silverado. I found some for mazdas and other cars but not sure if they would handle a truck steering box.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Can you fab in an electric rack? Plenty of those around now, Vettes-Camaro's etc.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
That kit doesn't look too bad . Probably cheaper than trying to piece together your own . I guess in Texas you cant buy a used snow plow pump. ;)
Was there a manual option on that generation pickup ? ---Trevor

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Anyone ever use one on a hotrod build? I have a l83 engine that does not have a place for a power steering pump and no one makes a bracket yet. I am putting the engine in a 89 silverado. I found some for mazdas and other cars but not sure if they would handle a truck steering box.
I think the Toyota MR2 had electric pumps in them.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Theres a car in Oz called a Holden Astra, not sure if you mob got an equivalent over there, 2001 models on had electric PS pump a mate of mine fitted one to a '64 Caddy , hoses fitted right up and all.....

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The holden pump looks perfect. Anybody know what a US model would be?

·
Satans Daddy
16,796 Posts
Just have the cunt:p from Oz send u a used one.;)
The holden pump looks perfect. Anybody know what a US model would be?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Fuck , the Astra one can be had from the wreckers for about $150 , which in American bucks right about now is $3.74

·
Satans Daddy
16,796 Posts
So, if he sends you, 5 bucks US for the part, and 10 for your time. It's all good?:p
I think your conversion is bassackwards.:rolleyes:
Fuck , the Astra one can be had from the wreckers for about $150 , which in American bucks right about now is $3.74

1 - 15 of 15 Posts