Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Kawasaki, it's a bit more than 13 years from now, 2035. More and more of these announcements keep coming, and 2035 is one of the popular targets...

Kawasaki’s parent company Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) has spun off Kawasaki Motors as its own company. According to Kawasaki, this is a good thing because they focus more attention on outdoor activity since it has picked up so much during the pandemic, and this allows Kawasaki Motors to focus better on their Powersports products. In this announcement, Kawasaki also spoke of their investment in electric motorcycles by 2035...fully, they say. Kawasaki stated that all their popular motorcycle models will be electric (or offered in an electric) by 2035. Motocross Action Magazine called Kawasaki to ask them if this also includes dirt bikes as well. Kawasaki didn’t have all the information, they said, and told the magazine they would get back to them.

After reading Kawasaki Motors policy briefing, it sure makes it sound like the focus will be electric or hybrid vehicles even for their off-road models. Below is a snippet of Kawasaki Motors’ plan for the future...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I sure hope not. Some things I don't see electric being the way to go. I can just imagine those guys who like to ride out in the woods or desert and waiting for their friends to bring them a battery or the sun to come back up to charge their off road stuff.

·
Rippin' Gears!
3,003 Posts
Gonna have to change A Lot! We have 4 Taylor Dunns at work. (Electric little work truck) FAUCKING Millwright’s can’t plug them in to save their own Ass! Bunch of ‘em are young too. Dad gonna be in charge of “Gasing Up” the Whole family’s junk

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I worked at a research center from 2000 thru 2014. I crash tested Tesla's, Googles electric autonamous cars, and worked on Internationals all electric commercial truck. Its going to happen. There will be very few advantages to electric. There will be a lot of negatives. Birdtracker

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
No surprise really. Just look what California just did and more states will follow.

It works great for motocross or a big street bike but for a bike to cross country or guys who ride in the sand it’s going to suck.

Recently there was an electric Baja truck that everyone was hyped on and it ran out of juice in 40 miles baffling the engineers.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Bet they could make a good video game about off-road bikes and make more money.

·
Registered
28,015 Posts
I cant wait to see the future electric airliners, probably have no pilots either all autonomous "smart planes".
Do you know anybody that can explain how an electric jet turbine engine is going to build 'thrust" to actually get an electric aircraft airborne? Without using any combustible fuel ?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
They make them for RC airplanes. Not possible right now for full-size airplanes because of the amount of battery power it would take to go very far.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Wont go prime time until solid state batteries get here (already are in pacemakers). With those they say you can add a zero to the current lithium ranges. Also lighter and dont catch on fire.

·
Trolling the Trolls
16,829 Posts
I hate to break it to ya, but it's already here.
It's here and perfect for short city trips (like work) daily.

Out in someplace like Texas, Wyoming, Nebraska, no fucking way.

IMHO I don't think the grid will support it without expanding it. And to do that they need more natural gas powered electrical substations....but no new pipelines, so that's not gonna play out well.

·
Age of Acquiescence
33,401 Posts
Off road powersports?? No.....

HEVs (hybrids) and PHEVs(plug in hybrids) I see a market sustainability for in vehicles.

They do have merits, from cost to output in terms of MPG efficiency. They do pay for themselves quickly ESPECIALLY in higher fuel cost markets. Low cost fuel markets, not so much

Full blown electric?? (EV's)
Grid CAN NOT support it!!!!
Infrastructure CAN NOT either!!!

Reactions: Mista Bone

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Off road dirt bikes with electric motors? Who are the dumb asses that think that’s a good idea?

Virtually no one, aside from the tree-huggers. But some makers have them in their line-up now, like the KTM E-Ride. They are oddities in and among their regular offerings, but is going to flip in the 12, 15 years...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts