Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
JACKASS
5,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the Bullets opinion on electric fuel pumps.

Edelbrock 1406 carb, street driven everyday driver.
Nothing fancy, stock SBF, just looking for a reliable electric fuel pump.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
I have the fuelab 40402 (needed inline do to physical space requirements) running on low speed unless nitrous is activated. If I didn't need a bigger pump I would have just stuck with mechanical, though I am perfectly happy with the electric pump.

·
Registered
221 Posts
mallory comp 110, nice and quiet, no need for a reg, perfect for a mild dailey diver

·
Horsepower and Hops
4,574 Posts
I used one of Holley's HP pumps on a customers car recently. Nice piece, and fairly quiet. Just say no to the older Holley Red/Blue/Blacks.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Maderator
16,243 Posts
I have the fuelab 40402 (needed inline do to physical space requirements) running on low speed unless nitrous is activated. If I didn't need a bigger pump I would have just stuck with mechanical, though I am perfectly happy with the electric pump.
If your set on electric OP the Fuelab stuff is the way to go..... Call them @ 618.344.3300 and talk to josh or Brian.... They will design a system for your application and budget.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I have the Carter Black pump in my 68 camaro that feeds two 600 Holleys on a SBC tunnel ram. LOUD AS HELL! But never loses pressure. Its a rotary vane pump, easy to fix.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The Aeromotive street/strip pump is great and reliable for your application.

·
Registered
194 Posts
What was their determination on why it was failing? Did they take care of it for you?
Yes they took care of me every time but wasted a entire car season because it would fail going into high speed intermittent. By some magic it didn't kill the motor going lean in boost.

·
Maderator
16,243 Posts
Yes they took care of me every time but wasted a entire car season because it would fail going into high speed intermittent. By some magic it didn't kill the motor going lean in boost.
What were you using for a trigger to change speeds? I only ask because very very rarely would that be an issue with the pump, usually it is a external wiring issue. All of their pumps are dyno tested with the results and flow numbers provided to the purchaser.... It seems like that would have been caught before it left especially if it happened more than once.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts