Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new holley 12-150 billet fuel pump. It it rated at a 12psi output and requires a reg which was included. The pump sounds like it is pulsating and the -8 line on the output is pulsating with the sound of the pump. I put a pressure gauge at the inlet of the reg and the output. The output is rock steady 7psi but the input pulsates quickly from 10psi to 16psi.Should this pump have a steady pressure output? It's pulsating like a mechanical pump.Holley said it's normal but I am not convinced.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Sounds like the internal bypass is hanging. If its not under warranty, I would de-burr it with emery. I've seen it several times.

If its new, send it back. You didn't pay for shit like that.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
This is the relief valve "popping" -- common occurance in internal regulated (no return to tank) fuel pumps. The ball could be hanging up in the relief or the spring is cocked, but its just the nature of the beast. Make sure you're setting the fuel pressure with the engine running above idle -- say 1500 or so

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i will remove the bypass and inspect.This pump was sent to me by Holley to replace the last faulty one.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts