Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEED A HIGH CFM THIN 12 INCH ELECTRIC "PULLER" FAN , 70 SG NOVA SBC , SICOCCO ALLUM RAD WITH SHROUD AND HAVE BARELY OVER 2 INCHES FROM SHROUD AND WATERPUMP . ANY SUGGESTIONS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I DID CALL SPAL AND THEY HAVE A 2.04 12 INCHER BUT FLOWS A LOW 900 ISH CFM .
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Rim

·
Registered
19,145 Posts
I would look at possibly removing that shroud and installing a Ford Contour dual fan. Doorman part number is 620-104 and you can find them for $130 or so on Amazon. It's definitely thin enough, you'll just have to research the height and width. If that's too large, this seller has other OEM fan options that are much better than what you are looking at.

Reactions: BLUEOVALRACER

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
I was going to say, can you go to a 16" but looking at your picture, I highly doubt it. I run a SPAL 16" puller with my 496 and have no issues cooling it.
I think you might want to check out what the guys above mentioned and see if the Ford dual setup would work for you. I hear those setups work pretty good.
Nice shroud by the way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was going to say, can you go to a 16" but looking at your picture, I highly doubt it. I run a SPAL 16" puller with my 496 and have no issues cooling it.
I think you might want to check out what the guys above mentioned and see if the Ford dual setup would work for you. I hear those setups work pretty good.
Nice shroud by the way.
That be a dream fan , the sirocco style rad being 17x 13 is an odd size to work with if going w a shroud I’m learning fast

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
Think I'd move that fuel cell to the side and move the radiator forward. Make a tube surround so it's legal and be done. Get whatever fan setup you want then. I use the Derale/Spal setup.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thinner more efficient radiator? 2 core 1 1/4" tubes.
Radiator is pretty nice & timing to finance ratio lately is rough , I got daughters wedding next weekend & my driver “son” is graduating high school that Monday, well it’s gonna be Vienna sausage n ******* time with the cost of 110 fuel & a 2 hour drive to our tracks , lol , I mean 😢 . I can swing a fan at the moment. Im the save up till I can do it once type .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts