Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you PA guys, anybody else's PECO bill go up since the beginning of the year? mine did, and on pecos site it says its projected to go up again in April. Since deregulation started in January we can now choose how our supplier is, i looked around and signed up with a company Stream Energy, they are also suppliers in Texas and Georgia anybody else use them for their electric service? seems like it could be a decent savings each month, and my bill still comes from PECO, and PECO still repairs any problems. anybody else switch companies?
-Den

·
Registered
42,251 Posts
Deregulation=grease up your butt, your going to get it no matter what you do. We got that about 10 years ago here in CT, tripled the rates.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep PECO is allowed to charge whatever they want now, lol. the company i went with, i got a cheaper rate then im paying now, and its locked in for a year. so we'll see.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
Yep PECO is allowed to charge whatever they want now, lol. the company i went with, i got a cheaper rate then im paying now, and its locked in for a year. so we'll see.
They cannot simply charge what ever they want. But depending on demand and method of generation their prices on generation may not be competitive in the market place.

·
Registered
322 Posts
we'll see what happens. My bill stayed pretty much the same give or take for this time of year. I wouldn't rush to sign up with anyone else just yet.

·
Registered
42,251 Posts
we'll see what happens. My bill stayed pretty much the same give or take for this time of year. I wouldn't rush to sign up with anyone else just yet.
That is the beauty of deregulation. When you switch, you'll still be billed from your current supplier for the meter and transportation charges.:p

·
Registered
187 Posts
deregulated here in Texas years ago.... for the same usage, my bills have doubled. De-regulation of electric, to my knowledge has not saved the consumer any money, but have increased the electric company profits and caused the springing up of every Tom, Dick and Harry Electric provider. To save money, you have to keep switching companies periodically, and it is a pain in the ass. you also have to run the risk of coming home one day and having no power during the switchover. has happened to more than one person i know. then you get the "it will be 2-5 business days to reconnect you". Good Luck PA.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
the utility companies are following the oil/gas/fuel industries lead... they're gonna bleed out the common man and his family... I invision america as a resort for the rich and their servants in the next 50 years... cause there will be nothing here to support the middle class... wait is that whats happening already? :smt115

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sounds like the OP is someone who is looking to add on to his down line in the Stream Energy pyramid scheme marketing plan. The only way to really make money a it is to recruit tons of people. De regulation is going to drive rates up. no doubt about it. Only the guys at the tip top win.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I get customers once a week trying to sell me. Since everyone is out of work they attend these seminars promising $$$ and become sales people. Like i said my parents did it and aren't really seeing a huge savings.

·
Registered
891 Posts
My neighbot just started selling this stuff.. ive been lookin into it too..

So, i used 801 kWh last month.. Peco rate was .0979. Stream is offering .0890 month to month - no contract. That's $7.13 less. ehh, im undecided..

Still gotta pay distribution charges... are there any other savings?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts