Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a late 80's elcamio, how does front to rear weight work out on on these. ? I know its a G- body, looking for a cheap (lol) maybe a grudge type racer. Stripped down no frills and a good power train.

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
I have seen plenty el caminos that were quick enough to require additional ballast over the nose. They can be built light and the suspensions flat work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply I never had a chance to scale a el camino.. I was looking to see how front heavy the really are..Bbc and a glide is what I had in mind.

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
Iron block and heads? Do aluminum heads and a fiberglass front end with doors and be prepared to add some weight back in.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They work great but I too have not scaled it. 57/43 front/rear is my guess. 1.32 to 1.36 60' on stock suspension and 30x10.5s. Elkys do like a lot of front end travel (6.5" on mine). Car runs 6.50 at 103 in eighth. The car weighs 3050 w/o me, has an aluminum head 406 with a glide, 90/10s and trick springs on front, an arb and no-hop bars in back. Nothing really trick or expensive.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
They can be put on a diet and take some serious weight out. Mine is 50/50 now with a dry sump sbc, and less than 2700lbs with complete stock doors and glass...including power windows......btw 114" wheelbase helps too

·
Registered
624 Posts
8.89 in the quarter and 5.58 in the eighth.
With a iron headed 468 and a 10 bolt rear.
They work good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts