Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what the best distance is for mounting 8 EGT bungs on the headers? BBC n/a injected 496 on alcohol. what is a good temp, starting point? Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do any of you all ever get false readings, like when you do a pill change & the egt's don't respond? I tried running an egt before & had that problem all the time. Ended up tunning it off engine temp, but the egt was about 2-2.5" from the flange. They tould me it might still be burning the fuel & that is why I could not get the egt's to change. I only ran one, now I bought a data aqusion kit with 8 egt's & all these other bells & whistles. Thank You Everyone

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When would you all recomend a high speed by-pass? I've been told that I didn't need one. BBC 496 N/A 7400rpm. How much does it help? After a pass when I shut it off , under full throttle alcohol fumes are real bad,even if I just lift & shove it into neutral. would a high speed help this, or should I put one in? how much ET/MPH?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank You guys, I can let it idle, drive around pits & no problems with fumes , but I will be building a new set of headers or having a new set made this winter, with a new engine combo. Thanks for your replys again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Rons flying toilet - no high speed. They told me I didn't need one. We just put a new set of heads on the truck picked up every where. Never had this problem before, with the other heads. making more power now. I deal with it, but I was just thinking maybe its time for a high speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts