Yellow Bullet Forums banner

efi with turbo

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  pronova1 
#1 ·
has any one tryed the edelbrock pro tuner efi with a turbo yet?
and if so how well does it work as a blowthru?

#2 ·
Not being a dick but,

Your looking at a 540 with twin 91mm and you are looking to go cheap in the fuel delivery system.

EFI, BS3 - Fast - Accel
Carb, CSU - C&S

Yes there are other.

#9 ·
the basic gen7 is 1695. at jegs. and it comes with nothing but a program and wiring harness, you still got to buy the dist, injectors,
fuel rails, intake, throttle body, o2s, map sensor, and fuel pump.
did i forget something?

#10 ·
i'm not trying to be a a$$hole just trying to get info, so i make my decision on what it gona be.
the motor is all done.
in it's current for it cost me 26,000 to do.
and thats at shop cost.
just trying to make a informed decision on what efi or blow thru.

#11 ·
i'm not trying to be a a$$hole just trying to get info, so i make my decision on what it gona be.
the motor is all done.
in it's current for it cost me 26,000 to do.
and thats at shop cost.
With that kind of coin in the engine I would invest in the BS3, there is multiple people on here that can lead you in the right direction with that purchase.

#12 ·
That is up to you tune with a computer or with tools.
Most of the stuff you need for both, efi or Carb.

Dizzy and Crank tigger
Belt drive fuel pump
O2's & maps
MSD Digi 7531

#16 ·
I believe somebody is going off the list price which is always way high . :smt103

#19 ·
i was looking at the edelbrock throttle body that flows 2000 cfm
and i was only guessing at the prices, because it's a few days ago
now. i don't beleive in mail order i would rather pay a few more dollars and SUPPORT MY LOCAL DEALER.
cause when it all said and done mail order tech SUCKS.
all they want to do is sell parts and don't care if there rite.
after all this was a question on rather some one has tried and a pictular efi system or not.
when all of your local dealers are out of buisness who are you going to complain to???????????????????

#20 ·
i was looking at the edelbrock throttle body that flows 2000 cfm
and i was only guessing at the prices, because it's a few days ago
now. i don't beleive in mail order i would rather pay a few more dollars and SUPPORT MY LOCAL DEALER.
cause when it all said and done mail order tech SUCKS.
all they want to do is sell parts and don't care if there rite.
after all this was a question on rather some one has tried and a pictular efi system or not.
when all of your local dealers are out of buisness who are you going to complain to???????????????????
Just for reference the new Edelbrock Pro Flo XT/XTR deal is actually designed and made by EFI technologies. Plenty of people have had good luck with EFI tech, but for your particular combo I would actually consider the BS3. If I can help in anyway please dont hesitate to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.