Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to run a blow thru setup and i was kicking around the idea of EFI and i would like to know what i would need to run it , i is what i would want run :

- EFI 4 barrel intake
- 90* elbow
- ?? mm throtle body need help on size
- ?? # inj. need help on size
- megasquirt which one
- A1000 pump and reg

What else do i need to run this setup the motor will be a sbc 350 with msd crank trigger i would like the setup to handle 1000 hp

Feel free to ask me anything if i left something out

Thanks for your help

Mike

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A1000 won't support 1000whp

Need all the necessary sensors..

80-90 mm throttle body will be fine..

Injectors will depend on fuel being used..

A lot of this info has been gone over a bunch.. I'd do a search and I bet you'll find out what you need.. here and the turbo forums..
I have done searches and there are alot of variables so i thought i would post here to see what you guy's thought

It will be more like 800-900 flywheel hp on 112 race fuel and i plane to use pump gas on the street.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A1000 won't support 1000whp

Need all the necessary sensors..

80-90 mm throttle body will be fine..

Injectors will depend on fuel being used..

A lot of this info has been gone over a bunch.. I'd do a search and I bet you'll find out what you need.. here and the turbo forums..
- What pump would you recommend

- will the mega squirt come with the sensor's i will need and if not what sensor's will i need to get and where's the bestplace to get them

- Can i use a smaller T/B than 80mm

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I've read many of your threads and I'm surprised no one has thoroughly jumped your ass about searching yet.

Based on what I've read from you so far. I would abandon using a traditional sbc. Use a stock 5.3 w/factory efi, or a bbc with used forged rotating assembly and parts. The 5.3 fairmount guy name starts with D, he has plenty of MS experience and youtube videos. As far as which fuel pump. Either 3-255 walbro style, 2-044 bosch, Holley dominator 1400 or magnafuel 625 or 750 pro tuner. In order of price, bringing the multiple pumps in with hobbs switch.

I think you're not getting much response because need to search. All of this has been covered multiple times. I know because i reseached the same topics 2 years ago.

78mm tb will NOT restriction power.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I think you should make up your mind and stick with it, youre coming off as a troll with a different thread/direction every few days

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK Sorry for all the Q's i just needed to find out what would be the best way for me to go with this and i didn't mean sound like a troll , ok after reading a ton i have a plan of attack and if you guy's think i'm off on something please let me know.

OK here is the plan

- BG S475 turbo
- MS 1 >> http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/365098-Sloppy-Mechanics-base-turbo-Build-sheet-(wire-and-fire-MS1-and-MSD6010-for-turbo-LSX)

- EFI 4 barrel intake w/ 90* elbow and 80mm T/B

- Summit cam >>> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-k1106/overview/

- 487X chev heads stock w/ Z28 springs

- 1.6 roller rockers

- stock 350 2 bolt bottom end w/.030 ring gap

And that's in stone , sorry for all the posts oh and the trans will be a 4l80e with a man valve body and a break .

I would like to run into the 10's and if it goes faster that's a bonus

Thanks for all your help and if you want to add something that i left out and will help me reach my goals please do

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think i would have to run this box on a sbc with the MS1 >>>http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-6530

And not this one >>http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-6010 as it's for LS motor's .

Should i run the crank trigger with a dizzy or no crank trigger and just a dizzy , i have a sbc MSD crank tigger but no dizzy yet and when iget the dizzy and if i run the crank trigger i will have to gut it , i'm new to this crank trigger so any help with it would be great.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
If you have your heart set on the megsquirt the first thing you should do is get hold of atomicsix or denmah they have the megsquirt thing down.

I would save up for a decent set of heads instead of cast iron junk, then put in a decent turbo hydraulic roller.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Don't fuck around around with anything but an MS3 or MS3X with the Megasquirt.

·
Satans Daddy
15,722 Posts
run the ms2xtra with ms3 firmware by tuner studio,very user friendly,has a 5 bar map,no external msd required,you can also run a ethanol sensor and run different mixes of ethanol.with ms2 you can also run crank/cam sensors with cop

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should i run the crank trigger with a dizzy or no crank trigger and just a dizzy , i have a sbc MSD crank tigger but no dizzy yet and when iget the dizzy and if i run the crank trigger i will have to gut it , i'm new to this crank trigger so any help with it would be great.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Can you guys tell me what to build.......?
Drive to Missouri I'll tell and show you all you need to know while you help me finish my junk.

On a serious note you will be way better off/cheaper going with a stock 5.3 vs. any relatively stock sbc. Stock to stock the rotating assembly is twice as strong and even the cathedral port heads flow more than most aftermarket 23* gen1 heads. Intake and exhaust manifolds are better(cheap too) and symmetrical (they can both be flipped) $300-$400 complete rngine gets you all the sendors and plugs you need for MS too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
stock block 2 bolt main and turbo I dont think thats going to work out to long, for megasquirt just use MS1 and MSD box with a MSD dist, sounds like you dont need any more variables. I agree you should ditch your plan and go with a stock 5.3l it will handle more power and you will be farther ahead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts