Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK........

Will a tunnel ram intake hurt the performance of a pump gas 598 if it`s being run on EFI ??????????

I know that tunnel ram intakes aren`t the best for hot street cars, but with the EFI and the dry manifold, will this make a diffrence in it`s driveability????????

This question stems from a link i followed that had Curtis Boggs stating that for MAX power there wasn`t a CAST manifold made that DIDN`T restrict some air flow.

Since i`m after MAX power...i`m thinking this might be the way to go if it`ll work.............:confused:

Am i going in the right direction with this, or am i all FFFF`D up again.....:rolleyes:

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Should work since there is no air/fuel mix except for the last inch or two at the exit end of the manifold.

Twin TB's would look good on top!

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
I got one of those set up's for sale here. I'll get it to the top for you.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,947 Posts
I would check with people like Curtis about that intake on a street car. Normally it would affect the low and mid range rpm torque output, but that is a pretty large motor. Certainly won't hurt the upper rpm range. Had one on my buddies car, ran fine. Went to a modifed 4bbl intake when we did the turbo since the plumbing was easier.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Curtis and I have talked about this a lot on my heads because no one makes a good manifold for them.

I think you will find the drivability of the tunnel ram much improved because signal is not a problem, but it will still need to be properly designed and he will be of the idea the manifold should not limit the port

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I think you will find guys like Curtis and other good cylinder head guys don’t just look at flow numbers but look at port velocity for a given motor combo, therefore effecting quality of what’s flowing. I would be willing to bet he till tell you that a properly designed sheet metal manifold with EFI is fine for the street, where the key words are “properly designed”.
The other thing is, how BAD ASS would that look when you stop and open your hood? :supz:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts