Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up switching routes and going with a BBC instead of an LS. Just finishing up the roller now (dont have an engine) but want to get the electronics for the EFI so I can get the wiring all finished and where I want it before I put my carpet in. I am not having too much luck finding an efi kit for a big block as I was for the LS. I plan to go Holley, was thinking the HP unit and maybe swap to the Dominator unit down the road if I end up needing more inputs. Also looks like im kind of stuck with the factory style intake with a 4150 flange style injection? I dont really like the looks of that, was kind of hoping to do a ram style intake with a throttle body and 8 injectors. Any recommendations for that on a big block? Otherwise, this is kind of what I am coming up with Holley EFI 550-838 HP EFI 4bbl Multi-Port Fuel Injection System

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Stuck with single plane elbow deal or something like the edelbrock proflo xt. Edelbrock has a injected tunnel ram as well but then you’d need to fab a top for it. Some guys have attempted to add a holley hi ram type lid to it

Or go custom sheet metal

Other than that get an ls1 holley harness, a 36-1 holley trigger and efi connection 1x cam sync dizzy. Swap pigtails from ls1 harness side for the cam and crank sensors to the efi connection type and 36-1 hall effect end and lengthen as needed. Run holley smart coils and ur done

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plan for the car is a somewhat mild twin turbo BBC. 540 with twin 76s is the plan at the moment. It is a 25.4 tube chassis car 67 caprice.

·
Registered
708 Posts

I suggest using this harness with smart coils if switching to a BBC. I also recommend the 12-1 crank trigger from Hyperaktiv motorsports. The 36-1 makes it 10 deg between each crank pulse which only allows a small window for the crank and camshaft signals to not overlay one another. The 12-1 is 30 degrees between pulses and still gives plenty of resolution. I personally have had good luck with the MSD cam sync plug deal, but I’m sure any Hall effect single pulse cam sensor will work just fine. As for intakes, the edelbrock manifold posted above may get the job done, depending on power goals, but if budget allowed, a fabricated intake would be nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts