Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Chevy II small tire car with a Edelbrock progressive. It seems to work in a simulated situation spraying into a bucket with the car not running but will not work on the track. We added a second relay thinking the Speedtech fogger may be pulling to much juice, still didn't work. We switched to the Speedtech plate and it still didn't work. It is wired up just like the instructions from Edelbrock except we added a second relay in parallel with the other one to handle more load. We hooked another Edelbrock controller up to another car the same day with a Speedtect plate and it works fine in that car. Both cars use a 16 volt battery.
The nitrous just never comes on. :smt102

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
What kind of ignition and where does the ignition get its power from? Sounds like you are not trying to pull too much power from the progressive. Could simply be RF noise with the car running.

Make sure your ignition box has its main wires going right to the battery. It actually makes a difference on a lot of cars......

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
read the top sticky in this section..wiring the controller straight to the battery fixed mine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
having issues with mine as well. wired to the battery and still having problems. just turns nitrous on and off about every half second or so....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for the offer Steve, I got it figured out, talked to edelbrock they told me to move it to the rear of the car, but he also said that might not work and that I may have to send it back.... Well I've got a big race this weekend in miramichi and no time for that. I noticed the screen was flickering while the engine was running but not when the engine was dead.. obviously getting RF signals right??? Anyways I mounted it same location with rubber isolators and wow... It works. Maybe they should supply isolators with these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts