Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought one from steve j and looking to get any info on anyone who has used it. good or bad luck. 300 tune-up sbf 388 afr 225 super victor pro systems 950 glide. the plate only has holes for the nitrous and fuel on the out side of the bars. about an inch space in the center is solid :confused::confused:. also found that on edelbrock home page the have gone to square jetting on all there kits. the info that came with the plate are not square jetting :confused::confused:.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i am positive that if you call steve he WILL give you all the answer/ advise you need. it is a good plate i have seen many run with great success.

·
Registered
230 Posts
just bought one from steve j and looking to get any info on anyone who has used it. good or bad luck. 300 tune-up sbf 388 afr 225 super victor pro systems 950 glide. the plate only has holes for the nitrous and fuel on the out side of the bars. about an inch space in the center is solid :confused::confused:. also found that on edelbrock home page the have gone to square jetting on all there kits. the info that came with the plate are not square jetting :confused::confused:.

Steve is at the NMRA race this weekend so he is not checking this forum as often, but give him a call 815-341-8853, I am sure he will be able to help you out. If he does not answer the phone just leave him a mesage and he will call you back.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I used it last year on a 408 SBF using the Eddy supplied jetting. I also ran the AFR 225's Never sprayedmore than the 85/89. Car went [email protected]. Never hurt a thing. First real experience with nitrous.

·
Super Moderator
12,183 Posts
John,
As the others said, feel free to give me a yell when you get a chance. Some choose to run these kits out of the box, and some have us blueprint and flow them as well. These plate run pretty well and everyone else I have talked to with them loves them... Talk soon, Steve

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took the car to the dyno and tryed the new plate. Seems to work good. picked up 43 rwhp on the 300 hp setting. 720 to 757. checked plugs and look to run rich on the center plugs? who would of though on a super victor and a sbf! air fuel was in the low 11 to mid 10's still fat but the track will tell though. also smoothed out the hp and tq . looking to get in the 5.70's with it.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
43 more hp on a 300hp tune?should pickup way more than that at the back wheels.

·
Registered
93 Posts
do you mean 43 more hp than your old plate?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,946 Posts
Something is wrong with those numbers.

I have to assume that you made 43 more HP with the same size shot as a different plate did?

There is no way you had a jet big enough for 300hp only make 43hp. That is impossible.

I know some people will say that they used a certain manufacturers recommendations for a certain size shot and one plate was "better" than the other, but who really cares? Unless you are limited to a certain jet size, solenoid size, or amount of holes in your spray bars, I would be more concerned about cylinder to cylinder variation, not how much power Plate A made over Plate B.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i changed from the rpm to the rpm 2. on 250 hp it made the same power on both kits. the rpm will not flow the 300 hp setting. set thr rpm 2 at 300 hp and it picked up 43 hp from 250 to 300. yes i am concerned with the variation but the dyno to me is not a true test. that is why i said the track will tell. makes 396 on motor and 757 on n2o

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have had mine for a while and it works great. No complaints. But its only got 73 jets in it so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts