Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im dumping my victor jr and getting a regular victor intake for my BBC. for extra money they offer the victor 2907 with a special complete "CNC" by reher morrison which is 2807. has anyone had expierence with the cnc optioned intake? I am fully capable of doing a average port job. i have ported my old super victor(plenum and port), and eaton m62 and eaton m90 superchargers before, all were sucessful but if i could spend a little more and have it already done and shipped i would be interested. my question is for the extra 2-300$ is it proven to really improve?

also i am still going to run a 4150 on the motor while cruising it. the regular victor is 4500 based obvisouly. quick fuel technologies makes a 4150 1050cfm with a 4500 base. anyone used this carb before>? i know im better just getting a real 1050 but hate to lose some of my motors driveability. i know 4500s canbe very touchy on a driver. i had a 1150 and it picked up 3 tenths but couldnt stand it on the street. iv heard ok review on prosystems 4500's( i know their 4150 are killer) anyone else have a street friendly 4500?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've got a Prosystem 1600 on my car and I do not drive it on the street but it runs so clean and nice and responds so well even off idle I am positive it would be fine !!!

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Look for a 2-circuit Dominator, Stinnett builds them but I did my own. It will clean up the pig fat issue in the low and mid range the 3-circuits are famous for.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply's the 1150 i had once was a 3 circuit i got for a steal and it was a nightmare as far as attempting to keep it clean on the street. ill just give pro systems a buzz it looks like.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure about that particular part #2807, but a few years ago Edelbrock's BBC Super Victor "Wilson Manifolds CNC" was a big rip off. It was basically just a gasket/port match about 1" to 1-1/2" into the runners and the transition was horrible, not worth the 300 buck difference. A good home port match and clean up would have been cheaper and better.

I have not seen the new so called Reher & Morrison "CNC", I suspect it'll be the same. I won't pay the extra until I seen one, they don't show a picture on Edelbrock's website.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea carmine i was gunna do that either latter today or tomorrow. their cnc on the victor bbc heads are pretty nice you right. if not and i feel lazy ill send it out to my engine builder or another local builder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts