Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a car for a guy, this is the first edelbrock Ive ever worked on. Car acts likes it missing, has a stumble the squirters does not work

also it runs on after shut off.

Timing checks good and no vac leaks found.

What can I check as to wehy the suirter isnt working and I can only get 10 inch of vac. and it will smooth out, then run like shit and drop vacuum way down bounce around then smooth out again

·
Registered
9,764 Posts
Throw it in the trash and buy a good holley,,..... what can he exspect for $240.00

seriouly they aren't any good and you going to nee a $90.00 ++ calibration kit to even try and make it right

Been there ------ done that

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If it's on a 2 plane manifold it needs a thick divided base gasket to seal one side from the other, it can cause hesitation problems. Also check to make sure the vacuum advance is hooked up to ported vacuum, not direct vacuum.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throw it in the trash and buy a good holley,,..... what can he exspect for $240.00

seriouly they aren't any good and you going to nee a $90.00 ++ calibration kit to even try and make it right

Been there ------ done that
Like I said, working on it for someone else, Ive said over and over not to use this and he wnet with it anyway. I will just give it to him as is.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Have you checked the fuel pressure? If the accelerator pump isn't working it can be replaced easily and while the top lid is off you can set the float level. I don't like them either but when you help friends like I do you have to be diversified in your thinking to keep them happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts