Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoyed racing in this class ( http://www.eddyvilleraceway.com/pages/heads-challenge.html ) the one time I ran it and would like to run it a couple of times this year. But after f'ing up my front end twice last year due to wheel stands I would like to run wheelie bars (it is expensive to fix the damn thing after it crashes down!). Just wondering if the rule for no wheelie bars will remain the same for this year?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I don't see it changing but I'd wait til Christian, Rock, or Buckett gets on to say for sure. Why are you standing it on the bumper?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
We've had some arguments with this in the past and it has always come back to no wheelie bars, so I would spend more time on chassis adjutments or power management because I dont think they will be allowed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is cool. Being NA I have to put everything down I can. I am setting up the car to run in their Jr. index class just thought I would double dip while I was there.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I could see that exception making sense but I know they want to keep the rules very simple and short. Try and contract Buckett or Christian but I would be surprised

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know if Smith RaceCraft bolt in front chrome moly subframe would be legal in this class?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Anyone know if Smith RaceCraft bolt in front chrome moly subframe would be legal in this class?
Rules say bolt in replacements - if a Camaro showed up with a DSE or equivalent front end I imagine it would be able to run, and I would think that based on other series rules it would be ok. Once again it's probably better to let Christian or Buckett chime in. Christians cell is (641) 891-7718. Give him a call ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I will check with him after I hear back from Rock, need to make sure it is legal in their Jr index class before I go any further.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Will need christian to make the call. I think the rules will stay the same. Not sure. The 10.5 dates will be out soon. Looks like 10 races with them going back and forth with ERP and CFR. Will have a points system with 2 races able to be tossed. I have some dates but not set in stone yet!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Will need christian to make the call. I think the rules will stay the same. Not sure. The 10.5 dates will be out soon. Looks like 10 races with them going back and forth with ERP and CFR. Will have a points system with 2 races able to be tossed. I have some dates but not set in stone yet!
Glad to see this is still goin, trying like hell to rebuild after last year and get down there this year.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry guys... like usual, I'm a little behind:rolleyes:

To answer the original question, no wheelie bars.

Stay tuned for a schedule. Anyone going to Wild Wades next weekend should be able to pick up one there. I'll also be up there. Probably be wearing a Trick-Tools.com shirt. Stop over and say hi.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry guys... like usual, I'm a little behind:rolleyes:

To answer the original question, no wheelie bars.

Stay tuned for a schedule. Anyone going to Wild Wades next weekend should be able to pick up one there. I'll also be up there. Probably be wearing a Trick-Tools.com shirt. Stop over and say hi.
Sorry to hear that, I had a good time last year.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts