Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
1,182 Posts
Hey Eddie got a question how much is to run pro stock motorcycle compared to top fuel, funny car and pro stock ?
Well it depends on if you have the stuff and resources. I assure you Matt spent $250K easy but does a lot himself.

If you have to run a team and pay people etc... and have the stuff your looking at $400-$500K to do it and keep it going.

Honestly the class is 5 time less then any of the others. The biggest thing is up front coat of 3-4 engines and bike. That is $150 - $200K depending on what bike you get.

The biggest killers are gas & hotel $50K minimum
Crew and Flights etc.....

The bills just keep rolling in from that point. You really would $500K as a single bike team to do it at the top level and make a Championship run. Can you do it for less. Yes.... But one little issue all year will be a big issue later on.

Good question

·
1,182 Posts
Believe it or not the cost of the 2 RV's going up and down the road/ gas/ expenses etc.... were almost exactly the same as buying 4-5 plane tickets and hotels. You have to also add the value of being out on the road for that time. If we are in the shop we can make our business more money then driving a RV all around for days on end. By me flying to races I spend 80 less days on the road.

My family likes that better also.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Believe it or not the cost of the 2 RV's going up and down the road/ gas/ expenses etc.... were almost exactly the same as buying 4-5 plane tickets and hotels. You have to also add the value of being out on the road for that time. If we are in the shop we can make our business more money then driving a RV all around for days on end. By me flying to races I spend 80 less days on the road.

My family likes that better also.
What about the Truck Costs for 80+ days ? Maintinance, Fuel, Tolls, Driver ?
Food Costs ?

Salarys of Riders, You & Andy, plus Matt and Crew ?

Costs for 3-4 Billet Unattainible Hines V Engines ? :-Daw

Keep on Adding ?

·
1,182 Posts
Anything gonna be new for you for 2019 ?
More HP hopefully... LOL

That is never a fact but we are always looking and trying stuff. The biggest thing is aero at this time. I just don't see the body we would like in our future. So we will need to find more HP. Easier said than done.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
More HP hopefully... LOL

That is never a fact but we are always looking and trying stuff. The biggest thing is aero at this time. I just don't see the body we would like in our future. So we will need to find more HP. Easier said than done.
v&h is badass for findin more horsepower but even I been wonderin when the lack of aero is finally gonna be addressed.youl find it brother,bet the possabilitys are awesome.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
More HP hopefully... LOL

horsepower is easy to find when your boss writes the rules.:p

61 - 70 of 70 Posts