Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Monty Mikho's #1 fan
18,744 Posts
now all the right wing radicals will come in here complaining about you picking on the little oil business trying to make a buck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
now all the right wing radicals will come in here complaining about you picking on the little oil business trying to make a buck.
I don't give a Fuck how much profit any company makes, just get the price of gas down! Back in Nov/Dec '06 when gas was $2.00 a gallon I bet you weren't crying about Oil profits then were you?

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
On a profit margin of 10.85%. That's actually lower than many major corporations.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Maybe the U.S. government needs to increase the tax incentive subsudies we give them.

When you pay as much in taxes as then how do you call it a subsudie, Its a tax break to build a alt. fuel that will put them out of work

Hey George they should come after raising taxes on throttle bodies. I know you guys make more than 10% on them, you guys are ripping us all off. By the way what are you guys building to make sure we wont need throttle bodies in the future.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
When you pay a 100 billion a year in taxes how is that a subsudie?

You want the price to go down, cut the taxes they pay, its just passed to you, just like every tax out there, they are just keeping you mad at Big Oil so you dont come after the Goverment. The
Goverment made 30% more than the oil company this quarter but you dont seem pissed about that

·
Registered
93,064 Posts

You want the price to go down, cut the taxes they pay, its just passed to you, just like every tax out there, they are just keeping you mad at Big Oil so you dont come after the Goverment. The
Goverment made 30% more than the oil company this quarter but you dont seem pissed about that
LMAO you won't get anywhere with these class envy LIBERALS on here :smt082

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
does any one here understand the concept of a PROFIT MARGIN ?

Exxon Mobil's profit margin last quarter was 7.2%.

The average american auto maker has a profit margin of 9.8%

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does any one here understand the concept of a PROFIT MARGIN ?

Exxon Mobil's profit margin last quarter was 7.2%.

The average american auto maker has a profit margin of 9.8%
Your forgetting a key ingredient.... Total revenue!

If your quarterly revenue was $140Bil you'd be happy with ONE percent profit!

also: I can also get an affordable deal on an auto even wit their higher margin. Win-win for consumer and business.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts

Do you honestly think cutting taxes to huge companies is gonna trickle down to lower prices for the consumer?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:smt082:smt082 You have got to me kidding me!!! That trickle down economics shit didn't work for Reagan and it certainly won't work now.. For gods sake people, wake the phuk up. Greed rules the roost my friends and if you give them bigger tax breaks they damn sure ain't gonna pass it on to you, their gonna boost their friggin paychecks like they always do. You don't ever see our government stop giving themselves out pay raises, even when times are tough for Americans, why would Big Business. Very and I mean very few people on earth would pass the savings on down anymore.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
I just know the Tax you want them to pay, is paid by you at the cash register. So if you dont feel like you pay enough already then just keep taxing the Rich.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Your forgetting a key ingredient.... Total revenue!

If your quarterly revenue was $140Bil you'd be happy with ONE percent profit!
These are publicly traded companies, and the stock holders would not be at all happy with 1% profit margins. Besides, if cost of materials, labor or shipping go up, the 1% profit disappears and the company breaks even or starts losing money. Too little room to adjust to changing conditions.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Man, I can remember a time when Americans used to be proud that American companies were profitable.

An 8% profit margin is enough to make most companies go overseas to make their product.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts