Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie . .
I currently have 3 pretty large builds in progress. All 1966 F100/250's

Truck 1 is a 1966 F100 using late model F150 Full Frame, Suspension, Steering, Brakes & 2011 Eco Power

Truck 2 is a 1966 F250 with a 2015 F150 3.5 Eco 6R80, Dana 60, Total Stock exterior and interior. This will be the "Total Sleeper" Truck with a few "Upgrades"

Truck 3 is a 1966 F100 with a 482 Cu In 427 FE CJ-C6, 9"

Truck 1 as it sits now. In Testing/Tune Mode with approx 100 miles so far.

Truck 2

Truck 3

Truck 4 a Big inch Twin Turbo Boss 429

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool projects. Are this all going to be primarily street rigs? None of them for towing/tack/road coarse/etc?
Thanks! Eco 1 will be The road coarse/track use type vehicle and be used for heaviest towing. Probably as much as 10,000 lb towing. Plan is to take Eco 1 & Eco 2 on a lower 48 state trip.

Eco 1 & Eco 2 will be used as daily use. I sold my Diesel daily truck & invested all the $$ into these 2. They will both be used for shows and a few drag strip passes to see how they will do.

Its expected Eco 2 and the Orange/White truck will be the fastest 1/4 Mile trucks and should be very close & put down similar WHP numbers. with 475 RWHP each.

Eco 1 should still run 105+ 1/4 and put down around 375 RWHP. Its already showing 25-27 MPG driving it nice. Eco 2 should get similar MPG numbers driving nice but much worse AERO. I think Eco 2 will run 110+ 1/4 Mile.

Eco 2 will need a Major Brake Upgrade to pull much more than 5-6,000 lbs. It should be a real handful to drive. Even though its a F-250 it should weigh less than a new Mustang. It will be the TOTAL SLEEPER of the bunch. Its setup to be a 4x4 with transfer case & all electronics. Just need front axle/funds and time to convert to a 4x4.

The Orange/White truck will be the Nasty sounding and little use truck. It should easily make 600 lb ft of torque. And will be the lightest of the bunch. Mostly drive to local shows with no towing. Maybe a few GOODGUYS track events just for fun.

Eco 1 will be the most comfortable full electronics long trip cruiser. Many many hours left to finish up in this truck . .

Eco 2 will be as above full sleeper mode with stock appearing exterior and interior except for the gauges and the funky shifter to control Manual and Sport Modes. Its a very rare factory bucket seat truck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eco 1 will have a full late model dash in it to hold all the electronics. It also has the late model floor and firewall. Cab is sectioned down over frame to lower truck but still have full suspension travel.

Here is the floor and firewall installed along with late model kick panel sheet metal.

One can see here the max amount the cab drop possible to help hide the late model chassis.

Another dash shot on Eco 1

A good size comparison between a stock '66 and a '14.

·
Registered
16,054 Posts
Very nice work sir well done!!!!Any idea what truck number 1 weighs and are you using the 6R80 transmission in it?I think it would be cool to put a 3.5L Eco Boost in my Notchback Mustang if i had the money to do it.There are 2015 F-150 Super Cab 4X4's with the 3.5L Eco Boost running 12.40'-12.50's in the 1/4 with just a tune.The lighter Mustang would have to be a easy 10 second car with the same setup IMO.:):):)FWIW my bone stock 2015 F-150 Super Cab 4X4 with the 2.7L Eco Boost 3.55 gears and 20" wheels ran a [email protected] mph!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice work sir well done!!!!Any idea what truck number 1 weighs and are you using the 6R80 transmission in it?I think it would be cool to put a 3.5L Eco Boost in my Notchback Mustang if i had the money to do it.There are 2015 F-150 Super Cab 4X4's with the 3.5L Eco Boost running 12.40'-12.50's in the 1/4 with just a tune.The lighter Mustang would have to be a easy 10 second car with the same setup IMO.:):):)FWIW my bone stock 2015 F-150 Super Cab 4X4 with the 2.7L Eco Boost 3.55 gears and 20" wheels ran a [email protected] mph!!!!
Eco 1 pretty complete is 4238 lbs. Still need to add more interior but take away a bunch of wiring. This is with a full tank of fuel. Yes I am running the 6R80 in both Eco 1 & Eco 2

Eco 1 has 255/55R 18's and 3:15 gearing

Eco 2 has taller tire at least for now with 3:54 Gearing in a Dana 60
Eco 2 has ported exhaust Manifolds, Ford GT Turbo's and a no Cat downpipe. Hoping it will make 475+ at the tire.

Eco 2 should be around 3700 lbs. Goal was 4000 lbs or less. Those 2.7's are strong runners!

There is a Fox mustang running around with a 3.5L Eco in it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replied but looks like it has to be Mod approved when pics are attached . . Tried finding that in the "rules" but no luck. Maybe not enough posts . .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow!!!
Very very impressive!!!
Im not a Ford guy but I will be checking in more often for updates.
Thanks!

Still in the middle of trying to get a proper "tune" in it. Getting close but weather has been pretty warm. Still managed to put a total of 580 miles on it so far.

A couple nights ago did a 118 mile trip on local freeways & sticking to speed limits. Mostly 65 mph just to check the MPG. Managed to pull off 29.3 MPG for the trip! Somewhere in middle the Tune started to pull timing so think it could be better. Was quite hot out at over 100 deg at start of trip.

In process of removing wiring and components that are not needed but at same time trying to keep warning lights etc off.

Been messing with a few 0-60 Runs as goal is in the 4's which I think is reasonable for a 4x2 with daily driver tires. Not quite there yet as now low 5's.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
94,876 Posts
Very impressive work

·
11,420 Posts
Damn nice work. Lots of details involved.
Well done sir.

How did you come across the drive train's for all the trucks?
Copart,,?
Looking forward to more updates

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I love this build thread. I will be checking in a lot..

You have a link the the fe thread?

W.H.K

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very impressive work
Thanks!

I miss the updates on the FE site, that #1 turned out great!
Did not seem like much interest there. Will post again soon.

Damn nice work. Lots of details involved.
Well done sir. Thanks! Yep, lots done lots to do!

How did you come across the drive train's for all the trucks?
Copart,,?
Looking forward to more updates
I bought a wrecked F150 with only 6430 miles on the clock. Then bought a brand new frame from ford and started the build from there.

I love this build thread. I will be checking in a lot..

You have a link the the fe thread?

W.H.K
Thanks!

A bit of reading here . . .

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147380

FE Forum here

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=267.0

YouTube here :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Q4YgH5GxksLMwWiiM1Thg

And on the HAMB

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1966-f100-fe-powered-project.595366/page-6

1 - 20 of 76 Posts