Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I posted this in the turbo tech section but no one is home so hopefully yall can give me a direction to head in.
I dont know much about turbo`s as I mostly run nos or na. I am building a little luv truck for the street. I have a fresh 65 model 327 with good rods, steel crank, good bolts, roller cam, ported fulie heads, etc. Your basic old school hot rod motor. It probably has around 375+ hp as it sits.
I am planing on running a holley throttle body efi using e 85. It would be nice to have a couple hundred extra hp and I am thinking that a little baby turbo set up would get me there.
I see these on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/T04E-23PC-T3...3c1d8c&vxp=mtr

Now I realize this is probably a cheap piece of junk and I will need to find a better kit. But will something like this get me where I want to be without to much trouble?

·
Gone Camping.
10,613 Posts
It would be fun to put one of those on a free car you didn't give a shit about and watch it blow up . :p

Im no turbo guy but i will definitely be playing with them in the near future so im interested in where this thread goes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was curious about these as well. I would set everything up and maybe switch the turbo out with a Precision down the line.

The flanges are standard, aren't they?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Thats the turbo i have on my 4.8.
I beat on it pretty hard and its held up great. It is a standard t4 exhaust inlet but the downpipe flange is an oddball one i think. I plan to replace it with a s366 when the time comes, but for now i have no reason to.
denmah uses the turbo to go in the 9s i think. The turbo will make more than just a couple hundred extra hp on that motor.

·
Registered
137 Posts
9:1 will be fine for low boost, and if your on e85 no problems. Will the holley work with this, I am assuming the terminator kit or possibly the HP kit. I am asking as far as blowing they the TBI, and also will it support the horsepower with only 4 injectors? I would think a TO4E size turbo would be about maxed at 550/600 hp..... IIRC

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I talked to some holley guys at the nationals this spring and they said that one of the kits will work with e85. I would probably have to call them to make sure I got the right model number. Also he said that I can put bigger injectors in it. The reason it looks so good to me is with the o2 sensors it should tune itself, as far as air fuel ratio anyway. 900 cfm should be fine if it will flow enough fuel. The compression ratio for the 327 with the 64 cc head is right about 10:1

·
Registered
763 Posts
I used the GT45's, waste gates, and blow offs from VS racing for my boat. Several seasons old, and zero problems. I used the cheap Chinese stuff to try it with the expectation of replacing them with quality parts eventually. Look at the DIY section on theturbofourms, some good info there as well.
http://youtu.be/OrhB9wGuetA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts