Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Lighter than steel. Available in jegs/summit. Fit probably like most aftermarket steel. Think there are other parts available in aluminum too.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Fit probably like most aftermarket steel. Think there are other parts available in aluminum too.
Yeah, but at least you can beat the steel ones into fitting with a lot of bodywork. You won't be able to do that with the aruminum ones.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
They're at 9.99. I think any higher than that and you wouldn't make anything when you scrap them.

·
Team Retard
12,443 Posts
Yeah, but at least you can beat the steel ones into fitting with a lot of bodywork. You won't be able to do that with the aruminum ones.
Sure you can, How do you think they handcraft aluminum body panels? A lot of newer cars come oem with Alum hoods, not much with fenders.You just to be more skilled than beating them with a hammer and finishing with filler.

·
Banned
119,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Have you ever seen the gaps or the fit of most aftermarket parts? :rolleyes:
^^this^^^

I have AMD sheet metal, and their allum. hood on my 69. The hood needed about a 1/2" along the front edge to work. The deck lid was sent back due to the gaps being totally ridiculous. The only way that would work would have been to add metal along the entire inside edges of the quarters, and under rear window to make the short deck lid work. Put the OEM deck lid on, and it was very close. The fenders were a toss up. I had Sherman's and AMD (steel) and really not much difference between them. Both needed about 1/4" on the front door edges and at the top by the header.
If the steel ones are any indication of fit, then there will be lots of fitting with the allum. stuff......they make bumpers too..

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Last couple of AMD parts I have used both needed work to fit so somewhat disappointed after all the hype I have read about how good the stuff fits. I am sure they prob fit better than some of the other companies out there but still not as good as original stuff like some claim.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts