Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of used Draglites from chisx324 on Ebay. I put the wheels on the balancer, they wobbled worse than a tea cup ride at the local carnival. I asked to have my money refunded and a call tag sent for the wheels. The seller wants me to pay for the freight back. That's bullshit as far as I'm concerned,
thoughts?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Turn it into paypal or ebay, he should pay shipping cause it wont be cheap.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
calling paypal is a joke but it is worth it if you payed that way. if you used your credit card cancel it and he will be contacting you real soon

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
No. They are used parts. If the seller wants to he should give you a refund on the parts. Maybe he got them and never put them on a balancer, or never mounted them on a car. Or maybe they got bent by the person that mounted them for you. I've had that happen before.
Just like the young guy maybe you should stick to buying new.

·
Registered
270 Posts
How did you get enough torque to hold the wheel together? My wheels unless bolted to a hub were somewhat hit or miss on balancing because the center in a weld wheel floats until attached to a hub. Just my 2 cents. Rod

·
Registered
270 Posts
Weight has nothing to do with bent. A dial indicater measures bent and out of round. None are perfect all have some run out usually less than 15 thousands. Rod

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI

RIM'S WERE IN HORRIBLE SHAPE AND BOTH CENTER CAP'S WERE BROKE $275 FOR JUNKRIMS!cadpwr( 534
)

Nov-24-09 22:41
  • Follow-up by cadpwr (Nov-24-09 22:46):

TRYED TO CONTACT SELLER MANY TIMES AND NORESPONSE! IWILLHAVETOGOTHROUGHPAYPAL!
-- (#330375478987)

I think I just bought these

·
Sizeable Member
7,731 Posts
Maybe he got them and never put them on a balancer, or never mounted them on a car...
I would check them before I listed them on ebay or anywhere else. I always know the exact condition of something before I list it for sale, that's how I determine the description and the price. If the seller assumes his parts are good and lists them that way, it's his mistake for not checking the stuff out first. Maybe the guy didn't intentionally misrepresent the items (by the previous complaint, it sounds like he may have known they weren't right), but it is his responsibility to accurately describe the condition of the item being sold.

If the shipping was a few bucks, I'd say return them on your own dime and consider it a lesson learned about ebay. In this case though, I'd be asking the seller to pony up the original shipping charge and the return freight too. If he didn't, I'd surely be leaving negative feedback.

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
How did you get enough torque to hold the wheel together? My wheels unless bolted to a hub were somewhat hit or miss on balancing because the center in a weld wheel floats until attached to a hub. Just my 2 cents. Rod
x4. I don't even bother trying to spin balance them anymore. The center just moves around too much.

·
Registered
19,903 Posts
unfort. most buss. wont pay to have stuff returned, they may warnt. a product, but you have to get it there-kind of a tough call, esp if the mailing fees are gonna be high-props to the guy if he's willing to take them back, maybe you guys can split the cost, if he is 100% he might want to keep that rating

1 - 20 of 22 Posts