Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Venmo is going to be doing the same thing in 2022. I believe they are owned by PayPal. I use them in my wife's business to skirt CC fees and let the customers pay it themselves if they want to use one.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Yep one of Paypal companies. I really don't give a shit anymore, between Ebay and Paypal's bullshit then you have what I am dealing with now , the postal service losing the package, its just not worth it. They lose the package WITH tracking and it shows, but somehow I am responsible and have to eat it. Fuck it, just ain't worth the bullshit anymore. But AAAHHH they got their fees!

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,684 Posts
I predict the return of the "yard sale" starting in 2022.
(along with flea markets, swap meets & other face-to-face
cash sales events).
They never stopped.
Most are elderly junk sales tho

Backpage died because of the prostitution.
Craigslist died because of FB marketplace???

Now there's OfferUp…..

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I quit Payal back in October. Sold a item and cleared $28.00 into Paypal. They locked it up on hold because there may be a charge back. Said I need $595.00 cushion into my account before they release ANY of my funds.Anything i would sell the funds would be locked going to this hold. This is after 17 years and 100% eBay feedback. I have at the present time 28.00 on hold and they will not release it, even though the customer left positive feedback though Ebay. The 8 reps I talked to were all foreign and read off the same script. One told me they are not a bank. I asked them then how can you hold my money. Told me its standard practice. I do this in a business name have a federal ID number and they have a current bank account and a credit card linked. My Ass its standard practice.
Just received a email. After putting a reserve on for 2.5 months and basically locking my account up and shutting me down, a review now shows I had consistently good performance so the reserve holds have been lifted. They can go Fuck themselves! Shut me down for no reason for 2.5 months.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
They never stopped.
Most are elderly junk sales tho

Backpage died because of the prostitution.
Craigslist died because of FB marketplace???

Now there's OfferUp…..
My point is they will be more popular than ever,
now that many of us will be looking for an alternative
to the now 1099 Facebook & others.

OfferUp will be doing the 1099 too?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yep one of Paypal companies. I really don't give a shit anymore, between Ebay and Paypal's bullshit then you have what I am dealing with now , the postal service losing the package, its just not worth it. They lose the package WITH tracking and it shows, but somehow I am responsible and have to eat it. Fuck it, just ain't worth the bullshit anymore. But AAAHHH they got their fees!
Always spend the .80 cent on insurance. Lost or broken in transit, file a claim. Get a check about a week later. I've shipped over 200 packages with them this year and not 1 was lost, 2 got broken, I filed a claim, refunded the buyer and cashed a checked when it came in. Lost nothing.

I sell on Etsy, and I hit every threshold this year that Etsy told me to give them my tax info or they will shut me down because of a new IRS law, etc, etc, etc. Should be fun filing this year.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I think some of you are missing the point, If you receive a total of $600 or more in transfers a year (Other than friends and family) on any of the sites like Zelle, Venmo, PayPal,Cashap,Etsy,E-Bay and so on they will send you a 1099 and you will have to report it as income and pay taxes on it. They basically shutdown the only safe way to make deals with people you don't know unless you're willing to take the hit tax wise. I know I will no longer sell any of my unneeded parts unless someone has enough faith in me that I'm not going to rip them off and agrees to send it F&F. I already talked to quite a few people who feel the same way. E-bay is out for sure, You pay E-bay and then paypal gets a share and now the feds want their cut along with the state if they collect state taxes where you reside. In the end a $1000 sale will net you $600-$800 after all the bullshit. Cash will be king unless they take that away too.

·
Moderater
15,092 Posts
So what sites can you sell on if you go over 600 dollars? I'm not paying them tax on something i paid tax on when i bought it
Sell locally for cash..problem solved!

Reactions: SLOPAR

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
E-bay is out for sure, You pay E-bay and then paypal gets a share and now the feds want their cut along with the state if they collect state taxes where you reside. In the end a $1000 sale will net you $600-$800 after all the bullshit. Cash will be king unless they take that away too.
ebay NO LONGER uses PP to pay out, they found a way to fuck us for more money...ebay managed payments where they take a cut of the item, charge you 13.5% on the tax your buyer pays on the item and 13.5% on the money you charge for shipping the item, they also take 3-5 days to send whats left after they take their cut to your bank...sucks but it`s the only game in town where stuff actually gets sold, unless you enjoy the morons asking "is this still for sale" when they have no intention of buying anything.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
ebay NO LONGER uses PP to pay out, they found a way to fuck us for more money...ebay managed payments where they take a cut of the item, charge you 13.5% on the tax your buyer pays on the item and 13.5% on the money you charge for shipping the item, they also take 3-5 days to send whats left after they take their cut to your bank...sucks but it`s the only game in town where stuff actually gets sold, unless you enjoy the morons asking "is this still for sale" when they have no intention of buying anything.
I was referring to people paying using Paypal as payment and they get a percentage? Is that no longer true? I quit selling on Ebay a few years ago because of the combination of fee's and problems with buyers. I seriously sold an item brand new sealed in the package and the seller claimed it was used and wanted a partial refund. I asked him to please call me and we can work out a deal, When the guy called I basically told him that if he fucked me over I had his address and it would be worth the drive to come pick it up in person. He dropped the claim lol

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Thing is, Ebay and Facebook are the vehicle in which items are sold, you do not work for them, how can they issue a 1099??

If I saw an add in the newspaper and bought an item from an individual, the newspaper is not issuing a 1099.

This is fng absurd.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts