Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends call me often wanting to go eat at the new place in town .Most of the time its not very good, overpriced and poor service. Putting a cactus leaf and Peruvian Goat cheese on a hamburger does not mean its going to be good. They call it fine dining but their fries come from the bag in the freezer. Damn Beaner food trucks are better than most of these. At least at Waffle House you know its going to taste good.

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Awful House is fine dining?

·
Smart Ass Conservative
113,493 Posts

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
6,952 Posts
I eat at a place called My House. Cook it yourself and if it sucks you only have yourself to blame.

I can’t tell you the last restaurant I ate at. Last few times I’ve had to leave town I’ve got a room with a kitchenette.

Restaurant food is full of crap, most of it comes from the same supplier everyone else uses too. A simple hamburger from a restaurant requires twice the amount of insulin than if I make it at home WITH sides. That right there tells me all I need to know.

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,147 Posts
I worked in the food industry for about 25 years. Unless I'm on the road, I'll cook it for myself.

Unless I have a coupon for Long John Silvers...

For those that do eat out, 1/3 is the food quality, the others 2/3's is the kitchen prepping it. Most Asian and Mexican places are serviced by SYSCO Foods, even the menus are 90% generated on SYSCO recipes, esp. the salsa.

·
Premium Member
15,305 Posts
Cook myself, weary of getting rolled @ restaurants w/staff that isn't happy w/life choices. On the road, subway or packaged ham and cheese. Unless I'm in Montana, 4b's tomato soup is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts