2-3 lb. Large chuck roast
4 large carrots, pealed and cut, or 1 small bag baby carrots
6-8 small russet or red potatos
2 onions, cut in quarters
3 tsp olive oil
Large Skillet
Large Crockpot

In the morning:
Sear the roast in a pan with the olive oil and season to taste, salt pepper, seasoning salt, whatever you like

Quarter the onions and potatos and add carrots to the crockpot on low.Season to taste. Place the seared meat over the veggies, cover and walk away.

6-8 hours later...enjoy grandmas pot roast. It doesnt get any easier than that....

Enjoy

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
2-3 lb. Large chuck roast
4 large carrots, pealed and cut, or 1 small bag baby carrots
6-8 small russet or red potatos
2 onions, cut in quarters
3 tsp olive oil
Large Skillet
Large Crockpot

In the morning:
Sear the roast in a pan with the olive oil and season to taste, salt pepper, seasoning salt, whatever you like

Quarter the onions and potatos and add carrots to the crockpot on low.Season to taste. Place the seared meat over the veggies, cover and walk away.

6-8 hours later...enjoy grandmas pot roast. It doesnt get any easier than that....

Enjoy
Excellent:supz:... I've done this one myself, almost to the T...

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I do it similar. But never have time in the morning. I brown in butter dump a package of Lipton onion soup or dip on it, a little water and cover and cook on stove top for 40 minutes. the last 20 minutes I dump in the carrots and potatoes so they don't get mushy. When done pull meat and potatoes and make gravy out of the drippings. Not sure the gravy isn't the best part. Any left overs get chopped and put back in the pot with gravy, add a can of green beans undrained and a can of stewed tomatoes undrained add beef stock for consistency and it's best veggie beef soup you ever had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts