Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought hp tuners pro and want to tune a few cars without buying to many credits. I'd like to change all my 411 ecms either to the same vin as my 02 Tahoe that I want to tune or a different 02 Tahoe vin for each?? Can you tune multiple vehicles with the same vin after the ecm vin has been changed or that will cause issues? If I can't do that id just make all my 411 ecms to another 02 Tahoe vin so after I pay the 6 credits I'd be able to tune unlimited 02 Tahoe for free. If that's doable who can do the vin change in the ecm for a good price? Thanks for any insight on this!

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
Bought hp tuners pro and want to tune a few cars without buying to many credits. I'd like to change all my 411 ecms either to the same vin as my 02 Tahoe that I want to tune or a different 02 Tahoe vin for each?? Can you tune multiple vehicles with the same vin after the ecm vin has been changed or that will cause issues? If I can't do that id just make all my 411 ecms to another 02 Tahoe vin so after I pay the 6 credits I'd be able to tune unlimited 02 Tahoe for free. If that's doable who can do the vin change in the ecm for a good price? Thanks for any insight on this!

I'm more of an EFI Live guy myself, but I do not think you can change the vin using HP since they know people would just change vins and not need to buy additional licences. It's a two second process in EFI.

I can change the vins for you if needed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I believe they are based off vin and serial of PCM... The only way they can afford to support you is if you support them. Buy the license like all the rest of us, we had to purchase the unlimited years ago EFI live, hp tuners, and LS1 edit (I just dated myself)

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
I believe they are based off vin and serial of PCM... The only way they can afford to support you is if you support them. Buy the license like all the rest of us, we had to purchase the unlimited years ago EFI live, hp tuners, and LS1 edit (I just dated myself)
LS1 edit.... hell I have an LT1 edit cable..... :p

Man was that stuff antiquated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts