Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Titanium Member
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my th400 build,now it's time to sand the case and paint.
Whats my best option to use to sand the case,since its aluminum?Just some casting flash,and alot of what seems to be "spatter" on it,which is sharp.
Something I could pick up locally,at like **** depot,lol.
Flappers,or just stick with grinder wheel.
I know they like to load up fast with aluminum.

·
Titanium Member
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WTF didn't you prep and paint before final assembly???
No man.
I powerwashed it initially,but Ive been monkeyfucking it all over the workbench whilst rebuilding it.I never made the holder for the engine stand for it.
So here I am.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
WTF didn't you prep and paint before final assembly???

^^^ THAT!

I took my trans to my friend who rebuilds them, he tore it completely apart I took the case and cleaned it up and its in powdercoating now. When I get the trans back its gonna be rebuilt and will shine like a diamond in a goats ass!

·
Titanium Member
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the Jablowski ass backwards way of doing it.
Thats because youre so far up his ass thats all you can see.

Ill get some floppy sanders.

·
Titanium Member
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.
Its just going to be a rattlecan job.

·
Gas Passer
4,975 Posts
^^^ THAT!

I took my trans to my friend who rebuilds them, he tore it completely apart I took the case and cleaned it up and its in powdercoating now. When I get the trans back its gonna be rebuilt and will shine like a diamond in a goats ass!
Just curious, I am not from the middle east, but, does any sun shine in a goat's ass? :p

·
Gas Passer
4,975 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
If you are going to use aluminum oxide abrasives to level the surface, run them on a bar of ivory soap first to prevent the pores of the paper from loading up too fast with aluminum.
don't spin the discs to fast, it creates heat and will melt aluminum into the pad.
slow and steady wins this race.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
DAMN thats nice!! How does that hold up?
Not as good as chrome but at the price you could have it redone many times over.
It does look kinda milky at times but as its under the floor who cares. Best bit was that we did the black fade on the front end to give a gradual change from the block to the trans. Not something thats easy with chrome,

Weight.. Who cares when its in a T Bucket... with this n front

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,174 Posts
Rolocs and a right angle die grinder!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts