Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
An ex BBC P/S engine?!?!?(y) Now all you have to do is find yourself a Camaro, Vega, or Hell there even a few Novas in P/S in the early days. The way I set-up the rules a small tired car could run against a big-tire car for the title & conceivably win. The trick now is re-generating the enthusiaism that was there when I first introduced the idea.
The thing is, most guys still want a heads-up, no index class that they can "let loose" with their car ideas and not spend a huge fortune. Hopefully my idea works......

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Ya my BBc P/S is still 4.84 BS motor, Pontiac headed. It ran NHRA and qualified mid pack mostly. It was the era when the 4.900 BS motors came out, but the local guys still had this. This deal ran PS in '93. Guess I could put it back in the Super Stock Nova chassis till the 706 is ready??????

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Also, BROOKLYN HEAVY was a customer of Sox and Martins. I have seen the SM name on the car that Herb McCandless drove, the Duster. I always liked the looks of the old early '70 PS cars and thought to do one for Milan AM of NA 10.5. Something like Carinci's Cuda with the A99 and Liberty then they ran OSCA EZ street on the 10.5W x 31 tire. It was the first EZ car in the 7's and ran well again Mark martino's 550 Mustang that actually had Scott Goeffions PS top end with the clutch liberty 5sp in the "FOX" body. Both those cars were 7.50 cars on the smaller 10.5W X 31 tires. John was ALWAYS heavy since he knew they would throw weight at him.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Thank you. You just proved my argument a "small tire" car nowadays can run with a "big tire" car. When I proposed my rules to some local racers they first cried about the disadvantage. When I brought up the fact that with today's technology it could be done they had no argument against the rules.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts