Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Aviation Section
23,260 Posts
I'd like to thank JHOLE and hemicop for both showing how a couple of guys can disagree about a particular subject and discuss it without bashing and trashing each other, name calling, cursing, and ruining the thread the debate happened in. I had no need to use any "moderation" techniques, and that is great. Contrary to some people's beliefs,...being a moderator doesn't pay well...lol...(doesn't pay at all),...it's just done to help out a site that I enjoy, and the mods here on this site do not enjoy having to delete posts or shut down threads, or worse,...ban members from a particular thread or forum.

Thanks again guys,....heated discussions are actually promoted in my book,...makes for interesting reading. :p;)
X2! We are lucky to have those two and many others here to add to the flavor and bring us back to a better time in drag racing! Dave

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Anyone know of , have or have pics of any of the Sox & Martin customer cars? I know of about 4 or 5 fairly famous ones but I recently read somewhere S&M built somewhere around 20-30 cars for customers.
For the record, I've heard Bobby Yowell, "Brooklyn Heavy", Ronnie Lyles, allegedly Arlene Vanke, and Nelson DeChamps were customers. Anyone have any pics or info on other customer's cars?

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
^^^^^ Don't remember exactly, but it seems like there were a couple Sox & Martin built PS Dusters running out of the St. Louis area (Mid-American Pro Stock Assoc.?) right about '71. Honea & Adams car might have been one of them? Shoot, can't remember the other(s). Dedmond & McCormick? Or I could be quite wrong and maybe they all were just buying engine pieces from S&M..

·
42,706 Posts
Not sure if it's been posted as I didn't check the entire thread because usability sucks using "enhanced mobile view" but they already have a Nostalgia Pro Stock Association that has participants and a race schedule every year. Midwest Nostalgia Pro Stock has some bad ass cars in it. There's also Outlaw Nostalgia Pro Stock and National Nostalgic Pro Stock Association which I know nothing about.

Outlaw Pro Stock

National Nostalgic Pro Stock info

Midwest Pro Stock

http://www.mwnpsa.com

http://midwestnostalgiaprostockassociation.com
I don't like the enhanced view either,...but incase you didn't know it, you can shut it off and it will go back from the mobile view to the normal desktop view.

Just click on the menu at the top and look for the "exit enhanced mobile view" option.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Midwest & Nostalgia P/S Assoc. seem to be the biggest and maybe the best run. I haven't seen any of their shows. But IMO their rules are too restrictive and/or limit to what can be competitive. All well-&-good for the high-dollar deadly serious types that want to run late '70s/early '80s cars but for the general enthusiast or those that like the early P/Ss or think that's how P/S should be run they severely limit participation.

NOT a good idea if you want to promote a concept, IMO. Which is why I've been working on an idea for our local racers. Hopefully by next season we'll have something. It's taken a bit too long...….:(

·
46,912 Posts
Wow! That is some cool AMC stuff right there ^ ^ ^

Thanks for posting.

More please if you got them.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Well, it's started! Picked up a Duster last week & the disassembly has begun. I'll be doing a repro of Bobby Yowell's car, complete with Hemi. While I'm not certain if I'll be doing his "green car", the murals & all will be on it along with some Keystone mags. If anyone has some detailed pics or magazine articles of the car PLEASE e-mail me.

·
46,912 Posts
Well, it's started! Picked up a Duster last week & the disassembly has begun. I'll be doing a repro of Bobby Yowell's car, complete with Hemi. While I'm not certain if I'll be doing his "green car", the murals & all will be on it along with some Keystone mags. If anyone has some detailed pics or magazine articles of the car PLEASE e-mail me.
Very cool!

Perhaps a build thread in the Nostalgia section for the old school peeps?

·
Registered
20,697 Posts
I'd like to thank JHOLE and hemicop for both showing how a couple of guys can disagree about a particular subject and discuss it without bashing and trashing each other,

Disagree. JHOLE was nothing but an ass starting this. Awhile back he called me out and all I did was "ask a question." He turned it into a Big Bunch of Bullshit.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Well, I got it somewhat torn down. Now the big question:
D I build "big tire car" or be real strict & build a real clone, 10.5 tire, relatively mild engine and little fiberglass?

61 - 80 of 92 Posts