Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of switching from my Scat h beam 6.200" with arp 2000 bolts to a Eagle h beam 6.200" with l19 bolts... I have over 200 passes on my scat h beams with no problems I am making about 1060hp on a 300hp spray shifting at 8100rpm... The motor will make about 1200 with more spray and different camshaft also some more cylinder head work... Will the eagle stuff hold 8300rpm... I am asking for people that are using them only!!! Thanks

Ps. Another year using my tfs-r heads... The gv2's will have to wait $$$$, different pistons, headers,carb, rockers,pushrods.... I put them on the side for now...

·
Registered
274 Posts
5.4" rod and 8600 rpm with 30+lbs F2 boost. Numerous low 8 sec 1/4 mile passes at 176-179 mph and my Eagle rods with L-19 rod bolts are fine. The Eagles are great rods with the L-19 bolt!

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
L19's in mine ..shift at 7400...around 1700hp

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Common I need to hear from some guys with small blocks and 400-500 shot spray!

Hey George, in my last motor I had eagle h-beams with L-19 bolts 6.300 with a 3.85 stroke. I use to rev it to 8200 but somtimes use to see 8300-8400 when I hit it with a 36 jet. I have over 350 passes on them over 250 of them in the 8's. i went as fast as 8.40's with them, but couldn't get the small tire to hook at all.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey George, in my last motor I had eagle h-beams with L-19 bolts 6.300 with a 3.85 stroke. I use to rev it to 8200 but somtimes use to see 8300-8400 when I hit it with a 36 jet. I have over 350 passes on them over 250 of them in the 8's. i went as fast as 8.40's with them, but couldn't get the small tire to hook at all.
Hey Ernie, I really don't want to put aluminum rods with this set up... It looks like I would buy the eagle h- beam with l19's... On my gv2 set up I will go all out but that will have to wait another year!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Yeah I had my checked out, everything is good, now in my basement, not sure if you have a crank and rods for yours, but I can offer you a great deal on my crank and rods, I do have pistons aswell but not sure if you can use them with the GV2 heads, its all balanced checked and ready to go.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Why not just put the L19 bolts in the Scat rods?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I thought about changing only the bolts... I figured new rods would be better... Maybe that is the cheapest way out...

Yes steel rods last a long time, just have them checked, and if everything is good buy the bolts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I had my checked out, everything is good, now in my basement, not sure if you have a crank and rods for yours, but I can offer you a great deal on my crank and rods, I do have pistons aswell but not sure if you can use them with the GV2 heads, its all balanced checked and ready to go.
Thanks Ernie, gv2's is 11* head needs custom pistons.... my rotating is perfect just looking to upgrade my rods for safety reasons only! Maybe I am just going to upgrade the bolts to l19...

·
Registered
740 Posts
i was gonna use them talked to eagle directly. I told them my setup hp and rpms and they said whats the problem. According to them they will work fine but im gonna run grp's. I gave in cuz im gonna hit it really hard and dont want to take any chances. i told them 9000 rpm 850 hp n/a with around 500 spray and they jumped to tell me whats the problem. Just thought that might be helpful

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was gonna use them talked to eagle directly. I told them my setup hp and rpms and they said whats the problem. According to them they will work fine but im gonna run grp's. I gave in cuz im gonna hit it really hard and dont want to take any chances. i told them 9000 rpm 850 hp n/a with around 500 spray and they jumped to tell me whats the problem. Just thought that might be helpful
I was on the phone with them today as well and he told me the same thing!!! I am a little troubled by the answer aswell!!! I spoke to Manley they told my I need a billet rod, scat told me I am taking a chance, callies told me there new ultra rod will hold up no problem, Oliver told me no problem, k1 tech "very nice people" told me I am pushing it to it's limits... I don't think I will make more than 1200hp total but is the Rpm's tha scare me 8200+ and the stroke is 4" also the pistons is for nitrous so it's not super light... I don't know I am confused!!! I wish I won the lottery lol....

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
We had great success with Eagle Rods with L-19 Bolts in our previous 555, and beat the shite our of it, but we spun it to about 7500 with 4.25 stroke. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We had great success with Eagle Rods with L-19 Bolts in our previous 555, and beat the shite our of it, but we spun it to about 7500 with 4.25 stroke. Good luck.
Thanks! It's because I don't want aluminum rods... Doing alot of changes to the motor and car so I will have to do alot of testing when I come out with small pills to set up the chassis and get a base line.... If I need to change rods after 100 passes I won't even make it half the season....

·
Registered
740 Posts
i got a guys number that had a shit load of parts he had 2 sets of carillo rods brand new with kapp karr bolts for 750 i think thats a steal and would def never break hes in NC and has more stuff then anyone i ever met

1 - 20 of 83 Posts