Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen these cranks and is there any advantage to it? they say its not a coating but yet say if you turn the crank it wont be there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It looks to be a vibratory tumble process, it just shines all the surfaces and gets rid of all rough edges and yes, they have been seeing good results and I believe lower oil temps as a bonus!

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
these things good for 1500hp or so?
Had one in a 565 BBC, Pro Charged F3R, that made over 1600 RWHP, and ran low 4.70's in a 3300lb car.. Detonated it bad enough to break the main web in a Dart Aluminum block... The crank is fine...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and this is the standard eagle crank or the armor finish? I have a eagle now just trying to figure out if I should get another with the armor since this one has alot of passes on it. Still standard and looks fine

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
callies compstar cranks are a 100bucks more than eagle crap. i've ordered 3 cranks from them in a row before just to get 1 straight 1, and this was only 2yrs ago. callies cranks are perfectttt

·
Registered
975 Posts
are the compstars as strong as the eagle? Ive heard all the horror stories about eagle products but i also know alot of folks beat the crap out the stuff and it holds up good.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Ive run around the 1500hp mark on a standard eagle crank and didnt break it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont think callies even makes a sbf crank anymore

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
are the compstars as strong as the eagle? Ive heard all the horror stories about eagle products but i also know alot of folks beat the crap out the stuff and it holds up good.
when you find a good eagle, they're good but sometimes getting to that good 1 takes alot more patience than i have lol. i have a damn good machinist check each and every crank i buy for myself or anyone else and 1/3rd of the eagle cranks need work, some have had to be cut 10/10 jus to straighten the damn thing. i'm not sure if callies makes a sbf crank or not, but if they do you can bet yo ass that what shows up can be dropped right into a motor, but that's jus my imo :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
im in the sbc market .....so whats the procedure to getting a good eagle. send a few back?
my sugestion on getting a good eagle is to just simply not to buy one, check out competition products, they sell Howards 4340 american louisville forgings which are far superior than the chinese stuff and have a comparable price

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
im in the sbc market .....so whats the procedure to getting a good eagle. send a few back?
Seems like all low dollar cranks need a little work, Eagle, Scat, CompStar and others. They all may need a little work depending on the level of workmanship you allow to leave your shop.

Properly prep'd eagle, scats can take power into the mid teens.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
now a few people around the 1400 range. i wasnt making anywhere close to that last time but it never gave me any issues

1 - 18 of 18 Posts