Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about running e85, any body running it ? pros and cons,what changes will it take to a alcohol carb set up for methonol? how would I test/sample quality? where are you buying it? Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Much like going from gas to methanol, you have to change boosters and metering blocks, and recalibrate it. The good news is that if your fuel system is compatible and flows enough volume for methanol you don't have to change it for E85. Depending on your combination and how much it relies on the torque from methanol it may lose a little ET, but is every bit as consistent, less harsh on oil and not as corrosive. I wish it had been available sooner, I would have switched a long time ago.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I found that it was cheaper to sell my carb and have a new one built. Eric at Horsepower innovations sells a 4150 holly HP based carb for around $750 new (1000 cfm with flow sheet ) and Mark Sullens is also top on the game. I am running 13.5-1 and 36 deg timing with no detonation going to add nitrous before the strip closes before winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts