Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to E85 (will b from pump). Have seen many post saying its not always 85, could be 80/75/70 etc. Plan on buying a tester but question is if its in the lower range how or what do I do to increase to 85. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
redoing engine but is a 548BBC: installing Holley EFI this time 14:1 comp, dart 325 heads/ported, dart block, diamond pistons, MSD ign, 2-1/4 headers, 400TH trans, 12 bolt with 411's/spool/33 spline, 28" tires but will little bigger later, currently running Sunoco 112 Supreme. Will change over other stuff needed for E85 but as I asked how to increase fuel if to low, do you add something? Race fuel getting to expensive. Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I wouldn't say it's as big of a deal as some make it out to be. If your E85 comes out as E80 or E75, you'll be running a little rich, but I can't see that being an issue unless you're running that close to the edge of a tune.

You should double check that Holley EFI, because I was considering the Sniper 4500 for my 565, and they told me none of their EFI systems support E85 when I e-mailed them a few months ago.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
You can install a flex fuel sensor on some holley efi systems. Then the tune can be automatically adjusted, based on the ethanol content. Definitely can with the HP and dominator systems.

·
Registered
1967 Camaro Small Tire No Prep
155 Posts
As far as adding fuel, the Holley system reads in lambda so if its lean, it will see it and add fuel. Obviously the best way is to make sure the fuel is the same ethanol content every time but its a decent fail safe. As far as the timing due to ethanol content, you can add a flex fuel sensor that will be able to see the ethanol content and the computer system will pull or add timing based on the ethanol content. You just have to set up the table.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
100LL AV Gas is near 110 motor octane. It can support 12.5 compression if tune is correct. RACE GAS CONCENTRATE Purple can increase to 115 octane. I have used straight 100LL in my 582 10.5 compression for 4 years. It is about $4.50/gallon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The exact ratio of fuel ethanol to hydrocarbon may vary according to ASTM 5798 that specifies the allowable ethanol content in E85 as ranging from 51% to 83%.[1] This is due to the lower heating value of neat ethanol making it difficult to crank engines in relatively cold climates without pre-heating air intake, faster cranking, or mixing varying fractions of gasoline according to climate. Cold cranking in cold climates is the primary reason ethanol fuel is blended with any gasoline fraction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts