Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using e85 as your motor fuel and the fuel you use with your nitrous system I am looking for a starting point on the jetting and fuel pressure for a NOS big shot system

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am wondering if you can just take the jetting for a alcohol plate and take like 20% off that and start there

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm working that now, fogger with shark nozzles, we did some test hits in Dec on 100 shot, will be by the end of the year be on 400 or 500 shot, just installed the NOS launcher, as for now the jets are gas ones, going right of NX recommendation for 10PSI E85. hopping to get some time here in the next few weeks to make more hits. Gregg and Leo form Longoria Racecars are helping me with tune and suspension, those guys are sharp.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm working that now, fogger with shark nozzles, we did some test hits in Dec on 100 shot, will be by the end of the year be on 400 or 500 shot, just installed the NOS launcher, as for now the jets are gas ones, going right of NX recommendation for 10PSI E85. hopping to get some time here in the next few weeks to make more hits. Gregg and Leo form Longoria Racecars are helping me with tune and suspension, those guys are sharp.
so you are using gas jetting but your bumping up the fuel pressure to 10 psi?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am using gas jets and just bumping up fuel pressure for the extra fuel, started out making small hits on the chassis dyno and just kept bumping up the pressure and watching the wide band, I only ended up bumping the pressure about 1-1.5 pounds higher than the suggested pressure that came with my nitrous works kit, I have been running e-85 with my nitrous for 5 years now, it works great

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am using gas jets and just bumping up fuel pressure for the extra fuel, started out making small hits on the chassis dyno and just kept bumping up the pressure and watching the wide band, I only ended up bumping the pressure about 1-1.5 pounds higher than the suggested pressure that came with my nitrous works kit, I have been running e-85 with my nitrous for 5 years now, it works great
I was thinking since e85 uses about 30-35% more fuel I was thinking about leaving the jetting the same as gas maybe set the pressure at 9 psi and kinda go from there I have been told with e85 it's better to be on the fat side kinda like alcohol.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm looking to do the same but was wondering about the enrichment fuel. What are you using race gas or E85. looking to change mine over to E85. also do you think a Magnafuel 500 pump would be enough to support say 1200hp with nitrous

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the magnafuel 500 is rated to 2500 na so I think you should be ok I am running the same pump but my car doesn't make that much power . I haven't made the switch to E85 yet I am in the process though. I just sent my carb to mark sullens this week , can't wait to get it back and start testing .

·
Registered
281 Posts
NX has a basic chart, that inducates the jettng size for E85, its just a starting point, reading the EGT, and O2 is going to play a major part as we move up on the HP lvl

·
Registered
182 Posts
What I found out today...Only difference for running E 85 and nitrous
1. flow fuel pressure 6.5 lbs through fuel jet being used.
2. increase fuel jet +8 sizes over NOS bigshot racefuel settings
3. run same colder plugs W/.025-.028gap
4. recommend an O2 sensor

of course this is using an E-85 built carb also.
I'm still searching for more info

·
Registered
281 Posts
Jim Parr built my carb

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just got my carb back from Mark Sullens Monday morning:cool:. Watching this thread also. Have been running E-85 on motor and race gas on the nitrous side. Been working well. Wondering if any improvement could be had switching....

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ive got a Pro Systems E85 carb and I'm using the NX chart with an NX HVH SuperSucker Plate. Ive sprayed 200 so far with right at 9.5psi fuel pressure. I have an NOS Launcher but I don't have the wideband yet. So far Ive went a best of [email protected] with ramping the nitrous in 1.0 sec into run and starting at 40%. Plugs look a little rich so there is more tuning to do. I also only ran 14 degrees of total timing. For some reason N/A this motor only liked 26 degrees of total timing.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Just got my carb back from Mark Sullens Monday morning:cool:. Watching this thread also. Have been running E-85 on motor and race gas on the nitrous side. Been working well. Wondering if any improvement could be had switching....
you say you were spraying the nitrous side with race gas? what did you use for a tune? the same same settings as a race gas engine? that is my question, do i need to spray with E85 or with race gas.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts