Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys my question is which do you think is better? E85 on motor and on the nitrous enrichment, or to run pump gas 91 on motor and a race gas on in a standalone? The reason I'm asking is due to the fact I'm gonna spraying my 11.5:1 416 ls3 with a 250 hit. And either way I have to run a standalone. The one thing I've noticed is there some variation in pump gas e85, so if I stay e85 I'll pry just buy some e98 from vp or something of that nature for the standalone. The other thing that kinda sucks about e85 is there isn't near as much tuning info on it like there is with pump gas/ race gas setups.

The only thing I'd have to do to go back to pump gas would be to buy a pump gas carb and sell my e85 one. So I'm guessing in the end it would pry cost me 2-300 dollars in it to switch back. What do you guys think? I'm pretty on the fence myself. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
agreed, those that tell you to run race gas in the stand alone have not figured out how E85 works on spray and they are Band-Aiding the combustion to get it to work.
unfortunately this added fuel does nothing more than knock the octane rating to the floor and takes away the benefits of the ethanol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
agreed, those that tell you to run race gas in the stand alone have not figured out how E85 works on spray and they are Band-Aiding the combustion to get it to work.
unfortunately this added fuel does nothing more than knock the octane rating to the floor and takes away the benefits of the ethanol.
Yea If I keep my e85 carb I'm gonna be putting in e85 in the standalone also, my question is about me possibly selling my e85 carb and going back to pump gas and using race gas in the standalone. If that clarifys my post more?

·
Registered
370 Posts
there is two schools of thought on the e85/n2o tune seen both work and both f*ck up...cause????
we dont take hardly any time out for 125 or less and let the egt o2 and plugs talk .
we always flow ck with the fuel [email protected](the corn like more psi) then use the nos jet to get it right .
always get the carb right before you try the n2o cant say how others go with there spread /square/retard as i have not tried it .
i know on race gas we were big time over square on the jetting and @5.5psi and took out timing to keep the plugs happy and not nip them .
on 1 we did oops a plug and stress it on gas then switched e85 and the gasket let go ..all related to first timing fail on race gas.
the other stuff strictly on corn and new tune have showed no signs of issues .

·
Super Moderator
12,175 Posts
Yea If I keep my e85 carb I'm gonna be putting in e85 in the standalone also, my question is about me possibly selling my e85 carb and going back to pump gas and using race gas in the standalone. If that clarifys my post more?
If you like E 85 on the carb there's nothing wrong with that. Then for your stand alone I would use either E 85 or a race fuel. Both can work just fine when properly tuned. If your having an issue with an E 85 tune for your system we can flow it and correct the tunes as well as help you tune it if you'd like. Hope this helps..SJ

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing wrong with the carb it works great actually, just don't see a whole lot of tuning tips or advice on e85 so figured I'd ask the question. Hoping to get my kit by next week sometime and try this spray stuff!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts