Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Mstr Of Useless Knowledge
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been running E85 for about 6 months now and took the bowls off the carb for the first time since I got it back from Mark Sullens.... I'll be dam*ed look what I found......

Absolutely Nothing! Aluminum fuel cell still looks the same as well

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
how long does it sit?? have a few customers that have issues, they sit for a while some times.... do you run it dry when parked?? any additives?? how about E98?? does it corrode?? thanks for any info..:cool:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I have had mine sit for 3 weeks without running with no issues. It is wet stored now was told by builder to do this. Will see in anothermonth how it turns out hope well.

·
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably the longest the car set with out being fired is about 3 weeks.....I never have run the the fuel out before putting it up. I just turn the key off and shut the garage....Just E85 from the pump no additives..

·
Registered
750 Posts
Been running E85 for about 6 months now and took the bowls off the carb for the first time since I got it back from Mark Sullens.... I'll be dam*ed look what I found......

Absolutely Nothing! Aluminum fuel cell still looks the same as well
jmink427,

Did you see any # gains, care to comment on combo and results good or bad?

I just shipped mine off 2 weeks ago....:-D:-D

·
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jmink427,

Did you see any # gains, care to comment on combo and results good or bad?

I just shipped mine off 2 weeks ago....:-D:-D
I have never taken the car to the track so I have no numbers,I hope to get to take it this year..... Car felt stronger and was more responsive "crisper" to the throttle..

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I will snap some tomorrow. The e98 corroded the check balls in the squirters and the needles. The pumps locked up after a week and the floats hung causing a huge spray of fuel out of the vents while backing on the dyno. We cleaned it out and dynoed it but the next week it was the same deal. A friend running the same batch of fuel in his injected car had no issues.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I will snap some tomorrow. The e98 corroded the check balls in the squirters and the needles. The pumps locked up after a week and the floats hung causing a huge spray of fuel out of the vents while backing on the dyno. We cleaned it out and dynoed it but the next week it was the same deal. A friend running the same batch of fuel in his injected car had no issues.
how long was this fuel sitting in the car/fuel system before this happend?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have had mine sit for 3 weeks without running with no issues. It is wet stored now was told by builder to do this. Will see in anothermonth how it turns out hope well.
is the fuel system sealed? if not this fuel is going to be full of water, ethonal is NOT corrosive, it just absorbs water, and it does it very quickly, I wouldnt run this car without draining and replaceing the fuel with fresh e-85, if your builder knows anything about ethonal he would have told you to drain it out of the car and replace it with regular fuel and run it before you store it.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Yes it is sealed. I was planning on changing but did not want the seals in the carb and pump to dryout. I also store the car in a car jacket and have 15lbs of desicant in the bag to keep moisture out.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I would like to see these pics as I don't believe e-98 had anything to do with your issues unless it was sitting and soaking up water for a while, 6 days sitting would not do it

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have run e-98 and e-85 and for 6 years, I think you are wrong and need to learn a bit more about ethonal and what you can and can not do when useing it, how about those pics of your corroded parts?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts