Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to run e85 on my new project car .

what kind of fuel cell would i need ?

looking for a aluminum 15 gal cell thanks !!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
i personally dont think the aluminum would hold up. mine has been a little rich and i get a ton of condensation, especially in the valve covers and rockers. also i pulled my bowls off to change jets, and after it had sat awhile they were extremely diificult to remove and a white chalky build up was all over them. also signs of moisture in the accelerator pumps.i get good results from the www.raceone85.com board. you might ask around rhere and someone might know more

·
Registered
141 Posts
there is a problem with leaving it exposed (open air) for extended periods of time (carmelizing in the carbs). Race gas will net you the same results (or pump gas if it sits long enough!)- The only time we've seen problems with bare aluminum are when the planes go through massive heat swings (condensation) I have many customers with aluminum fuel cells with no problems for 4 years+ now. You will get some condensation in the valve covers, especially if it doesn't get warmed up like it is supposed to.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so yay or nay on a aluminum cell ? id like a aluminum cover poly cell or maybe one with a bladder depending on cost .

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
im running a plastic one without problems, but i too see the chalky build up in the metering blocks and fuel bowls after a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts