Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken a bunch of spare parts and screwed together a 750 vacuum secondary with the intentions of running E85. I'm using billet gas blocks that I've modified for E85, and I'm using a very simple baseline spec to try. The only thing that concerns me is the possibility of leaning the engine out upstairs with the .160 pin downleg booster. On a 425-450ish horsepower engine, will the .160 pin downleg booster be big enough, or do I need to consider going to a .170 pin booster?

·
Registered
33,072 Posts
It will work if you don't use excess "emulsion" air, which E-85 doesn't seem to like anyway. Emulsion is a misnomer; “correction” is the proper term. The air bleed purpose is to correct the AFR over as wide a range of carburetion as possible, emulsion is just a side effect.

If you use a WBO2 to tune you will know for sure. If it doesn’t work out, change up.

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will work if you don't use excess "emulsion" air, which E-85 doesn't seem to like anyway. Emulsion is a misnomer; “correction” is the proper term. The air bleed purpose is to correct the AFR over as wide a range of carburetion as possible, emulsion is just a side effect.

If you use a WBO2 to tune you will know for sure. If it doesn’t work out, change up.
I'm using a single .028 hole for the time being, right in the middle of the block.

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it surges on the other end lift. I am sure you have asked Zack or Phill what did they say
Zack said he thought it would be alright, it just depends on how many RPMs I turn it and how much signal the motor has.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
With a 750 you should be fine to start with. Jetting should be around 90 +- with no PV.

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With a 750 you should be fine to start with. Jetting should be around 90 +- with no PV.
That's what I have in it. I'm hoping this little experiment works out well.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Just built an E85 750 vacuum with 2 corner idle that runs fine. The .160 boosters will be just fine. We used .120 needles and seats but, I'd have been happier with .130.

Go here for the thread on what we did. http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=204&start=0 If you haven't sign up for the site also.

I just saw it on some thread recently that some late model 2 corner idle carbs cannot be modified to 4 corner because of casting changes.

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tips guys. Here's a pic of the beast....I'm calling it "Barney." All I need to finish it are some gaskets and .130 needle and seats.

·
DamCoonass
15,317 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. Here's a pic of the beast....I'm calling it "Barney." All I need to finish it are some gaskets and .130 needle and seats.

Those purple parts will go 5.80's. ;)

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
That color purple looks like Proform, they only go 6.0's, BLP's purple goes 5.80's with a little tweaking even 5.70's... :p

·
DamCoonass
15,317 Posts
Hot Dam I'm runnin 2 tenths under the chinese index.

Woo- WOOO!!!!

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You fuckers ain't right :smt082:smt082:smt082:smt082 oh, and these blocks and throttle body are machined in Louisville, KY....and anodized in Indianapolis, IN. If I told ya how I know that, I'd have to kill ya :p

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
do yourself a favor and get rid of the plastic sight plugs.....;)

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Already taken care of. I hate those sight plugs....because you can't see shit with them anyway!

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BUMP....got the carburetor on the truck and fired it up this afternoon. It sounds good, revs good, and only needs a slight rear idle screw adjustment. I can't wait to see how it runs! While we're on the subject of E85, I'm running a NGK 6 heat range plug right now, gapped on .040. Do I need to go to a 1 step hotter plug and tighten the gap up to .030?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts