Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, currently running a YSI (20 psi) boosted application on 95 octane pump gas and W/M injection and am looking to add a direct port nitrous system (300 shot) on top to spray this thing down into the 8's.

Race gas is insanely expensive over here in the UK and I have been contemplating the E85 option as the direct port will be run off a dedicated auxiliary fuel system.

I can't seem to find E85 at the gas stations over here so wondering where do you guys buy E85????

Also curious to know any opinions about the potential pump gas / water meth / E85 tuning? Or do I just bite the bullet, reduce risk and run race fuel in the auxiliary tank?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
496 Posts
VP are now selling E85 .
Don't know if available in UK yet though.
You need to speak with Lee Childs - he is the importer of VP fuels into the UK.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. Was hoping there would be pump E85 options to avoid paying the $25.00 a gallon for race fuel.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
If you haven't drilled and tapped for direct injection you could consider pre impeller injection on the YSI. Depending on the efficency of the YSI with respect to heat you could pick up 50hp for a 25hp shot. Or your desired 300hp for a 150hp shot. Of course you would have to read your plugs as you will be in fairly uncharted territory. There isn't a great deal of info out here on boosted nitrous set ups. Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I am a huge fan of the dry shot inj pre-impeller or in my case I was shooting directly into head unit and saw similar results as you noted above....typically saw boost increase 1-2psi and huge gains relative to the rated shot. However, I have had numerous issues with trying to dial in the fuel through existing factory hardware/software (all tuning is done via CMR/DIABLO) so I gave up and committed to a dedicated DP set up.

Perhaps its worth reconsidering the dry shot concept in conjunction with installing a second set of injectors triggered by independent source tied to nitrous..... fed by the aux fuel system w/E85.

By the way.... I think I found a nice E98 source that will deliver to the house in 100L volumes: http://www.econol.co.uk/order-online/100l-premium-bioethanol.html

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
I know it's available in Germany as I know someone running it over there, not sure in the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts