Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I have a 2012 l96/6l90e and I'm in the middle ofmaking my engine and trans harness stand alone . But I'm stuck on a few wires. Since I'm not using the BCM , I want to put in a OBD port . I have the can bus wires from the ECM and TCM to a plug that passed thru the fire wall and they are not connected. The TCM is located in the transmission , my understanding is I need to go " ECM to TCM to diagnostic port" well I can connect them from ECM to TCM but how do I add the OBD II port ? Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
PIN 18 dark blue off the E38 is the serial data port for the OBD 2 connector and you can access and tune the ECM if you wire it directly like this;

Although I run a manual my thinking is with the can bus connected from the TCM to the ECM you should be able to control it minus the BCM. If not post back up and we'll take another look at whats what. Gen IV swaps are a pita

·
Behind Enemy Lines In Ca.
16,482 Posts
That is correct and you need to add a 120 ohm resistor across the data wires at the OBD port. That signals the end of the data line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts