Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m undecided how much effort I really want to put into a build thread, but here’s a few pics. I post for more regularly on instagram, so follow jon_volk if you want to see more.

Car was LS powered, but wanted to try something new.

Short version is a Tesla large drive unit, open source logic board, and two Chevy Volt battery packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
25,758 Posts
Interesting. I noticed that wrecked Telsa's go cheap on Coparts.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Jon, Not my thing but interesting & always enjoy watching someone's approach to working through the a given project. Are you going to mount the battery packs up under the Hood? Any idea on the total weight when you're completed? Lorne

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,641 Posts
Follow Rich Rebuilds on YouTube? Hes all into this stuff and is EXTREMELY willing to help fellow Tesla people out. Just saw a Tesla powered Audi earlier today. You may want to contact him if you're really serious. He rebuilt a flooded Tesla himself and a bunch of other stuff.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,641 Posts
They even had a Tesla power pack-powered cart that they converted and it went up in flames when the battery pack exploded out of nowhere one day, in the middle of the shop. They rolled it out and started ducking because the batteries were exploding and shooting off like rounds of ammunition...and those are some pretty sizeable little batteries in those things lol.

I'll see if Rich will come here :lol:

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't know you were on here Jon. It'll be easier to follow along on here than IG.
I’ve been here for a while. I’m thinking of sticking with ig and youtube for a “build thread”. Engagement is fairly limited on the conventional forum formats. The whole photobucket debacle turned me off to forums as well. Youtube updates are easy enough to embed though.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They even had a Tesla power pack-powered cart that they converted and it went up in flames when the battery pack exploded out of nowhere one day, in the middle of the shop. They rolled it out and started ducking because the batteries were exploding and shooting off like rounds of ammunition...and those are some pretty sizeable little batteries in those things lol.
I plan to reach out to Rich to see if he has a spare motor so I can burn one down on the dyno or track and create some mutually beneficial content. He’s only 2-3 hours away.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,641 Posts
Well I left him links for here, your IG, and your YouTube channel, also, since most of his engagement with fans is through yt, I think.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,641 Posts
I plan to reach out to Rich to see if he has a spare motor so I can burn one down on the dyno or track and create some mutually beneficial content. He’s only 2-3 hours away.
Sweet! I'd love to go check out his stuff. He's supposed to be working on opening up a repair shop at this point. He's really made something out of this. I'm extremely impressed.

Havent looked at your car much yet but I can only assume it'll be fairly well put together. Good luck. Can't wait to see it all finished.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts